b. 9 November 1778, d. 13 March 1846
- Elijah Collard was born on 9 November 1778 in Augusta County, Virginia.
- He married Mary Stark on 2 April 1801 in Bullitt County, Kentucky, or 2 May.
- He served in the War of 1812 as a private in the Upper Louisiana militia and later as a captain in the Missouri Militia.
- When Montgomery County was being organized in 1837, Elijah Collard was one of five commissioners chosen to select the county seat. In 1844 he served as a justice of the peace. When Walker County was established from Montgomery county in July 1846, he was selected county commissioner.
- Elijah Collard died on 13 March 1846 at age 67.
- His wife Mary Stark became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Gourd Creek Cemetery, New Waverly, Walker County, Texas, near New Waverly.
- For additional biographical information, see The Texas Handbook Online.
- Last Edited: 15 Feb 2012
Family: Mary Stark b. 25 July 1782, d. 20 December 1860
- Margaret Elizabeth Collard+ b. 1 April 1802, d. circa 1840
- Mary Collard+ b. 28 April 1805
- Jonathan Stark Collard+ b. 30 August 1807, d. 4 January 1896
- Lemuel Miller Collard+ b. 3 April 1811, d. 22 April 1893
- Job Stark Collard b. 23 March 1812, d. 1 June 1867
- James H. Collard+ b. circa 1816
- Hannah Eliza Collard+ b. 8 February 1820
- Elijah Collard Jr. b. 9 February 1824, d. 12 September 1863
- Emily Collard+ b. 10 August 1827, d. 11 June 1880