Charles Hooks Harris
b. 22 February 1835
- Father: Peter Coffee Harris b. 21 May 1807, d. 18 November 1856
- Mother: Narcissa Ann Hooks b. 22 May 1804, d. 27 May 1864
- Charles Hooks Harris was born on 22 February 1835 in Montgomery County, Alabama.
- Peter Coffee Harris and Narcissa Ann Hooks appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Macon County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Charles Hooks Harris, William L. Harris and Peter Coffee Harris Jr.
- On Sunday, 8 June 1851, Green Wood recorded in his plantation daily account book: "G. M. Wood's family and Willis Wood and family spent last night and today with us, also Doctor Harris and J. R. Brown."
- Sally Wood attended the wedding of her brother Charles Hooks Harris to Margaret Ann Monk in June 1857, in Magnolia, Duplin County, North Carolina.
- He married Margaret Ann Monk, daughter of James B. Monk and Anna C. Maxwell, on 18 June 1857 in Magnolia, Duplin County, North Carolina.
- He served as assistant surgeon in the 60th Virginia Regiment, CSA.
- Last Edited: 19 Nov 2010