Emma Eliza Averett
b. 1 August 1859, d. 13 July 1947
- Emma Eliza Averett was born on 1 August 1859 in Russell County, Alabama.
- She married Frank Oliver Wood, son of Uriah Griffin Wood and Catherine Farrington, on 1 January 1893 in Lafayette County, Arkansas.
- Emma Eliza Averett became a widow at the 12 January 1940 death of her husband Frank Oliver Wood.
- The following appeared on 12 January 1940 in the Hope Star: Dr. F. O. Wood, 77, retired DeAnn physician, died at 5 o'clock Friday morning after an illness of about eight years.
He had been a practicing physician for about 50 years and covered many miles of territory in both Hempstead and Nevada counties. Ill health forced him into retirement about eight years ago.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a. m. Saturday at the DeAnn Baptist church, with burial in the DeAnn cemetery. The Rev. W. H. Stingley will have charge of the services, assisted by the Rev. Mr. Samuels.
Dr. Wood is survived by his widow.
- Emma Eliza Averett died on 13 July 1947 at age 87 in Hempstead County, Arkansas, at her residence near DeAnn.
- She was interred at White Oak (also known as DeAnn) Cemetery, Hempstead County, Arkansas, near Hope.
- The following appeared on 14 July 1947 in the Hope Star: Mrs. Emma E. Wood, 86, died Sunday at her home, near DeAnn after a long illness. She is survived by several nieces and nephews.
The funeral service was held at 10 o'clock this morning (Monday) at DeAnn, with the Rev. S. A. Whitlow, pastor of First Baptist church of Hope, officiating. Burial was in DeAnn cemetery.
- Last Edited: 1 Sep 2014