Sarah Ann Holmes
b. 6 September 1865, d. 15 February 1945
- Father: Oscar Holmes b. circa 1833
- Mother: Angelina Elizabeth Dickinson b. 14 December 1834, d. 13 July 1869
- Sarah Ann Holmes was born on 6 September 1865 in New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana.
- Joseph W. Hannig and Susanna Wilkerson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Austin, Travis County, Texas. Other members of the household included Sarah Ann Holmes, Susanna Arabella Griffith and Joseph Griffith. Susanna's three grandchildren were identified with the surname "Hanning."
- Joseph W. Hannig and Susanna Wilkerson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Travis County, Texas. Other members of the household included Sarah Ann Holmes, Susan Griffith. Granddaughter Sarah was identified as Sally Hannig. Also in the household were a cook and a farmhand.
- Her first husband was Manuel Ben Barrera, with whom she had six children, and after his death married John P. Burns.
- Sarah Ann Holmes died on 15 February 1945 at age 79 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.
- She was interred at City Cemetery #1, Galveston, Texas.
- Last Edited: 4 Oct 2013