Frank Wilds Pegues Jr.
b. 14 December 1909, d. 13 April 1950
- Father: Frank Wilds Pegues b. 16 November 1871, d. 27 November 1939
- Mother: Emma Catherine Witsell b. 24 October 1872, d. 11 April 1951
- Frank Wilds Pegues Jr. was known as Wilds.
- Frank Wilds Pegues Jr. was born on 14 December 1909 in South Carolina.
- Frank Wilds Pegues and Emma Catherine Witsell appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Smithville Township, Marlboro County, South Carolina. Other members of the household included Frank Wilds Pegues Jr., Sarah Olivia Pegues. Also in the household, and assistant manager of the farm, was Katie's brother H. R. Witsell (age 33.)
- Frank Wilds Pegues and Emma Catherine Witsell appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Cheraw, Chesterfield County, South Carolina, at Market Street enumerated next to the household of his his cousin Benjamin Franklin Pegues.. Other members of the household included Frank Wilds Pegues Jr., Sarah Olivia Pegues.
- He was employed by a fertilizer mill as a traveling salesman, according to the 1940 census.
- Frank Wilds Pegues Jr. died on 13 April 1950 at age 40 in Cheraw, Chesterfield County, South Carolina.
- He was interred at Old Saint David's Episcopal Church Cemetery, Cheraw, Chesterfield County, South Carolina.
- The following appeared in a local newspaper: (Cheraw, April 13) F. W. (June) Pegues, 40, died suddenly at his home here tonight.
The son of Mrs. F. Wilds Pegues and the late Mr. Pegues, he had lived here most of his life and was widely known throughout Chesterfield and Marlboro counties.
Besides his mother, he is survived by his widow, the former Miss Mary Stackhouse of Little Rock, and one sister, Mrs. Fletcher Pegues, all of Cheraw.
Funeral services will be held at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon.
- Last Edited: 10 Aug 2015