b. 8 August 1904, d. 17 July 1931
- Father: Joseph Albert Smith b. 2 March 1872, d. 15 November 1937
- Mother: Mary Elizabeth Brown b. April 1877, d. 3 April 1930
- Valeria Smith was born on 8 August 1904 in Lebanon, Wilson County, Tennessee.
- Joseph Albert Smith and Mary Elizabeth Brown appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Wilson County, Tennessee, at Old Cairo Bend Road. Other members of the household included Valeria Smith, Aubrey Norman Smith, Harry Trousdale Smith, Herschel Warren Smith and Claude Albert Smith.
- Joseph Albert Smith and Mary Elizabeth Brown appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Wilson County, Tennessee. Other members of the household included Valeria Smith, Claude Albert Smith.
- The following appeared on 10 April 1930 in The Lebanon Democrat: Mrs. Albert Smith, age 53, a native of Wilson county, died at her home on the Trousdale Ferry Pike about 5 o’clock Thursday morning. Funeral services were conducted from the Lebanon Baptist church with the Rev. George Ramsey of Smith county, and the Rev. Charles Yelton of Mt. Juliet in charge of the services.
Mrs. Smith, who before her marriage was Miss Mary Eliza Brown, was a member of the Cedar Grove Baptist church. She had been in ill health since last July but her death came as a shock to her friends here.
Surviving her are her husband and the following children, Aubrey, Harry, Herschell, Claud and Valere Smith. One sister, Mrs. Herman Holman, and two brothers, Wallace and Robert Brown, also survive.
- Valeria Smith died on 17 July 1931 at age 26 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, at Dr. Farmer's Sanatorium of pulmonary tuberculosis. . Her death was officially witnessed by Claude Albert Smith.
- She was interred at Lebanon, Wilson County, Tennessee.
- The following appeared on 18 July 1931 in The San Antonio Light: The body of Miss Valeria Smith, 26, who died at a local hospital Friday morning, has been sent to Lebanon, Tenn., for burial.
Miss Smith was a native of Labanon, and had lived in San Antonio for 14 months. Surviving are: Her father, Albert Smith, of Lebanon; three brothers, Hersch Smith, of Lebanon, Harry Smith, of Birmingham, Ala., and Claude Smith, of San Antonio; also one half-brother, L. A. Norman, of Jennings, La.
- The following appeared on 9 October 2015 in The Lebanon Democrat: Jo Ann Smith Snider. Funeral services for Ms. Snider will be held Saturday, Oct. 10, 2015 at 1 p.m. from the Ligon & Bobo Funeral Home with Brother Todd Elliott officiating. Interment will follow in Conatser Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Bubba Denson, Billy Denson, Adam Smith, Randy Hankins, Chuck McCrary and Matt Smith. Visitation will be Friday from 4-8 p.m. and Saturday after 11 a.m.
Ms. Snider, age 80, of the Rome community, died Oct. 7, 2015 at University Medical Center.
Born in Wilson County, she was the daughter of the late Joseph Albert Smith and Lillian Roberta Hobbs Smith. She was a nurse technician at McFarland Hospital for 21 years. She attended Berea Church of Christ.
She was preceded in death by her brother, Robert Smith; four half-brothers, Hershel, Harry, Claude and Aubrey Smith; and half-sister, Valira Smith.
She is survived by her four sons, Albert Lee (Jean) Snider, Robert Carson Snider, Thomas Daniel (Shirley) Snider, George Baxter Snider; and sister, Mary Denson.
Special thanks goes to her many caregivers over the years.
- Last Edited: 22 Feb 2016