George W. Burton
b. circa August 1876
- George W. Burton was born circa August 1876 in Texas.
- He married Mary Ella McFadden, daughter of Sam McFadden, on 10 April 1900 in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- Delia McFadden appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at 2711 Burnet Street. Other members of the household included George W. Burton, Rena McFadden, Maxey Baldtrip, Bessie Baldtrip and Mary Ella McFadden. Also in the household is granddaughter Edna Blakely (age 2), apparently Mary Ella's daughter from an earlier marriage. Maxie (4) and Bessie Balltrip (3) also are identified as granddaughters of Delia McFadden.
- He was a farm laborer, according to the 1900 census.
- George W. Burton and Mary Ella McFadden appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Harris County, Texas. Other members of the household included Delia McFadden, Maxey Baldtrip and Bessie Baldtrip. Also in the household are Burton children Edna (age 12), Maggie (8), Theo (6), Mozella (3) and George (2). Maxie (14) and Bessie Baldtrip (12) are identified as granddaughters of Delia Marshall.
- He was working in a grain mill, according to the 1910 census.
- He officially witnessed the death of Mary Ella McFadden on 23 September 1955 at Jefferson Davis Hospital in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 22 Apr 2016