Sterling Wesley Sexton
b. 8 July 1930, d. 26 February 1989
- Father: George Wesley Sexton b. 10 September 1905, d. 15 March 1976
- Mother: Birdie Lee Lucas b. 22 March 1908, d. 16 December 1991
- Sterling Wesley Sexton was born on 8 July 1930 in Tarrant County, Texas.
- He was known as Wesley.
- William Madison Lucas and Mary Elizabeth Tenery appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, at 2304 McKinley Avenue. Other members of the household included Sterling Wesley Sexton, Birdie Lee Lucas and Ruth Marie Sexton. Also in he household were son Buck (age 25) and daughter Viola (29.)
- The following appeared on 26 January 1950 in The Dallas Morning News: In a double-ring ceremony Sunday, the twin daughters of Mr. and Mrs. A. V. Farine of Irving were married in the Irving Presbyterian Church.
Miss Mary Helen Farine became the bride of Wesley Sexton, son of Mrs. Jack Page, Fort Worth.
Weldon Latham, son of Mr. and Mrs. A. F. Latham of Springtown, married Miss Flora Bernice Farine.
Honor attendants for Mr. Sexton and his bride were Miss Mary Lou Redman, cousin of the brides, and Robert Lucas of Fort Worth.
Miss Ethel Lee redman of Irving served her cousin as maid of honor, with James thomas Jr. of Fort Worth acting as best man for Mr. Latham.
The ceremony was read by the Rev. R. S. McKee. Prenuptial music was presented by Mrs. McKee.
The brides wore identical navy blue crepe dresses, street length, with brown accessories. they carried white Bibles topped with gardenias.
A reception was held in the Farine home following the wedding. Mrs. James E. Finly presided at the cake, and Mrs. T. J. Lee served punch. Guests were registered by Miss Glorianna Farine, sister of the brides.
Both couples plant to live in Fort Worth following their return from a short wedding trip.
- Sterling Wesley Sexton died on 26 February 1989 at age 58 in Lake Worth, Tarrant County, Texas.
- He was interred at Arlington Cemetery, Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas.
- The following appeared in the Dakota County Tribune: Ruth Marie Sexton Ewald passed away suddenly of natural causes on Saturday, February 20 at Emerald Crest Memory Care in Burnsville.
Ruth was born on May 1, 1926 to George and Birdie Lee Sexton in Ft. Worth, Texas. She graduated from Lake Worth High School and worked at Carswell AFB. Only child Stephanie was born to Ruth and husband Albert Carl Jacobson in 1946 in Chicago, Ill. In 1952 Ruth remarried Herbert F. Ewald in Ft. Worth and the family relocated to Minneapolis. Ruth enjoyed gardening, music and travelling throughout her adult life and loved her son-in-law Paul Pietrowski as the son she never had.
The family wishes to thank the Emerald Crest staff for their devoted care and attention.
Ruth was predeceased by mother, father, much loved stepfather Jack Page and beloved brother Wesley.
In addition to Stephanie and Paul she is survived by Wesley’s children Melanie (Dan) Cartwright, Sharon (Fran) Scherich and Carey (Janice) Sexton.
Private Interment Fort Snelling National Cemetery. White Funeral Home.
- Last Edited: 18 May 2017