Coy Sanford Jones
b. 2 January 1909, d. 17 December 1980
- Father: William Peguese Jones b. 8 January 1860, d. 10 February 1913
- Mother: Ardella Louise Bishop b. 7 August 1867, d. 24 July 1961
- Coy Sanford Jones was born on 2 January 1909 in Texas.
- Ardella Louise Bishop appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Brazos County, Texas. Other members of the household included Coy Sanford Jones, Chester Arthur Jones, Ardella Rebecca Jones and Willie Gray Jones.
- He was a barber, according to the 1940 census.
- He married Pauline Clara Melcer, daughter of Antone Melcer and Antonette Zabawa.
- He was interred at Holy Cross Cemetery, Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- Coy Sanford Jones died on 17 December 1980 at age 71 in Harris County, Texas.
- His wife Pauline Clara Melcer became a widow at his death.
- The following appeared on 13 August 2000 in the Houston Chronicle: Pauline M. Jones, 97, passed away, Thursday, August 10, 2000. She was a member of Catholic Daughters Court 1750, Altar and Rosary Society, Miraculous Medal Society, Blue Army Of Fatima. She is preceded in death by her husband Coy Sanford Jones. She is survived by numerous nieces and nephews. A Rosary will be held at 7:00 p.m., Sunday, August 13, 2000, Earthman North Chapel, 5100 North Freeway. A Funeral Mass will be held 10:00 a.m., Monday, August 14, 2000, Christ The King, 4419 North Main. Rite of Committal: Holy Cross Cemetery. In lieu of flowers please make contributions to charity of your choice.
- Last Edited: 1 Sep 2013