Willie Gray Jones
b. 25 December 1902, d. 13 January 1986
- Father: William Peguese Jones b. 8 January 1860, d. 10 February 1913
- Mother: Ardella Louise Bishop b. 7 August 1867, d. 24 July 1961
- Willie Gray Jones was born on 25 December 1902 in Texas.
- She was known as Billie as an adult.
- Ardella Louise Bishop appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Brazos County, Texas. Other members of the household included Willie Gray Jones, Chester Arthur Jones, Ardella Rebecca Jones and Coy Sanford Jones.
- Willie Gray Jones appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Dallas, Texas, at 2124 North Henderson lodging in the household of Arminta Carley.
- She was employed as a stenographer by a finance company, according to the 1930 census.
- She married Claude Caldwell West, son of Tilden Ernest West and Ella Harrell, circa 1932.
- Claude Caldwell West and Willie Gray Jones appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
- She officially witnessed the death of Ardella Louise Bishop on 24 July 1961 at 2624 Bretton in Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas; at her residence.
- Willie Gray Jones became a widow at the 1 May 1974 death of her husband Claude Caldwell West.
- Willie Gray Jones died on 13 January 1986 at age 83 in Wichita County, Texas.
- She was interred at Crestview Memorial Park, Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 1 Sep 2013