b. 14 November 1926, d. 25 August 1982
- Lillian Rector was born on 14 November 1926.
- She married Alexander Scammel Cameron Wadsworth, son of Alexander Scammel Wadsworth Jr. and Eugenia LeGrand Cameron.
- Her husband Alexander Scammel Cameron Wadsworth became a widower at her death.
- Lillian Rector died on 25 August 1982 at age 55.
- She was interred at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia.
- The following appeared on 13 May 1992 in The Washington Post: Alexander S.C. Wadsworth, 83, a retired Navy captain, died of cancer April 30 at a hospice in Sun City West, Ariz. He lived in the Washington area off and on from the 1930s until he moved from Bethesda to Sun City West in 1979.
Capt. Wadsworth retired from the Navy in 1960 after 30 years of service. His last post was as commanding officer of the Gulfport, Miss., naval station. Until about 1976, he was an administrator with the Naval Communications Command in Washington.
Capt. Wadsworth was a native of New York and a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis. He served in the Pacific during World War II.
His first wife, Kay Chaffee, died in 1947. His second wife, Lillian Rector, died in 1979 [sic]. Survivors include two children by his second marriage, Alexis Cameron of Falls Church and Alexander S. Wadsworth of Gaithersburg; and a grandson.
- Last Edited: 5 Aug 2016