Gilbert Turner Ragan
b. 20 May 1908, d. 22 July 1947
- Gilbert Turner Ragan was born on 20 May 1908 in High Point, Guilfor County, North Carolina.
- Gilbert Turner Ragan appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Ellerbe, Richmond County, North Carolina, at School Road lodging in the Baldwin household.
- He was employed as general manager of a hosiery mill, according to the 1930 census.
- He married Mary Louise Pegues, daughter of Olin Marcellus Pegues and Mary Louise Pegues, on 13 June 1936.
- At the time of his death Gilbert Turner Ragan was living in Ellerbe, Richmond County, North Carolina.
- Gilbert Turner Ragan died on 22 July 1947 at age 39 in High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina, at Elwood Hotel . Informant was J. Gurney Briggs, High Point.
- His wife Mary Louise Pegues became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at New Hope Methodist Church Cemetery, Wallace, Marlboro County, South Carolina.
- Last Edited: 21 Feb 2015