Robert William Mayer
b. 6 September 1892, d. 12 November 1948
- Father: William Mayer b. 16 March 1862, d. 23 January 1910
- Mother: Elizabeth Leahy b. 15 November 1866
- Robert William Mayer was born on 6 September 1892 in Missouri.
- William Mayer and Elizabeth Leahy appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in St. Louis, Missouri, at 510 Leonard Avenue. Other members of the household included Robert William Mayer, Cornelia E. Mayer, Freda J. Mayer, Albert A. Mayer and Madge M. Mayer.
- A photographic portrait was made of Cecille Schmermund and Robert Mayer, and Carrie Schmermund and Charles Herr.
- He married Cecille May Schmermund, daughter of William Frederick Schmermund and Margaret Jane Meyer, on 9 April 1914.
- Robert William Mayer registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in St. Louis, Missouri, living with his wife and child at 3445 Arlington Street, an unemployed clerk, reporting a dislocated right hip.
- He was employed by the F. C. Far Co. "Biling Mash," according to the 1920 census, likely a brewery job.
- Robert William Mayer and Cecille May Schmermund appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in St. Louis, Missouri, at 4640 G------. Other members of the household included Roberta May Mayer and Elizabeth Jane Mayer.
- A photographic portrait was made of the Mayer family about 1925.
- Robert William Mayer and Cecille May Schmermund appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Evansville, Vanderburgh County, Indiana, at 1213 North Elliott Street. Other members of the household included Roberta May Mayer, Elizabeth Jane Mayer, Robert William Mayer Jr. and Lois Ruth Mayer.
- He was a Baptist clergyman, according to the 1930 census.
- Robert William Mayer registered for the draft in 1942 in Madison County, Illinois, while living with his wife Cecille at 3308 Brown Street in Alton, and employed there as pastor of Milton Heights Baptist Church, at Rixon & Mayfield Streets.
- Rev. Robert William Mayer and wife and children Lois and David were caught in a snapshot, about 1944.
- Robert William Mayer died on 12 November 1948 at age 56 in Oglesby, LaSalle County, Illinois.
- His wife Cecille May Schmermund became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Maple Grove Cemetery, Boonville, Warrick County, Indiana.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Robert William Mayer and Cecille May Schmermund.
- Last Edited: 13 Jun 2013
Family: Cecille May Schmermund b. 1 July 1893, d. 17 July 1970
- Roberta May Mayer b. 20 October 1916, d. 13 July 1932
- Elizabeth Jane Mayer+ b. 3 March 1919, d. 11 June 1997
- Robert William Mayer Jr. b. 24 April 1924, d. 23 September 1998
- Lois Ruth Mayer b. 29 November 1927, d. 29 December 2005