b. 12 February 1849
- Father: Emmanuel Ziegler
- Joseph Ziegler was born on 12 February 1849 in Dieffenbach, Elsaß.
- Joseph Ziegler arrived in the Port of New York circa September 1872, from Hamburg.
- He married Mary L. Layrasse circa 1875.
- He was naturalized on 24 October 1891 at Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio, before the Probate Court.
- Joseph Ziegler and Mary L. Layrasse appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio, at 1416 Washington Street. Other members of the household included Frank J. Ziegler, Louise Marie Ziegler, Isabel Ziegler, Augustus Emanuel Ziegler, Joseph Peter Ziegler, Leo Louis Ziegler, Anna Mae Ziegler and Clarence Charles Ziegler.
- He was a merchant tailor, according to the 1910 census.
- Joseph Ziegler became a widower at the 4 August 1903 death of his wife Mary L. Layrasse.
- He married Exline (?) on 16 August 1905.
- He and Exline (?) applied for a passport on 22 March 1923. Purpose of the passport was to travel to France, Italy Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, Spain and England, departing the Port of New York on 1 May 1923 aboard the SS Aquitania. The passports were issued on 27 March.
- Last Edited: 12 Mar 2011
Family 1: Mary L. Layrasse b. June 1852, d. 4 August 1903
- Frank J. Ziegler b. October 1876
- Louise Marie Ziegler+ b. 10 February 1878
- Isabel Ziegler b. November 1880
- Augustus Emanuel Ziegler b. 27 October 1881
- Joseph Peter Ziegler b. 9 May 1884
- Leo Louis Ziegler b. 2 April 1886
- Anna Mae Ziegler b. June 1887
- Clarence Charles Ziegler b. 6 December 1894