Julia Estelle Mitchell
b. July 1877, d. 12 December 1958
- Father: Thweatt Eason Mitchell b. 2 March 1826, d. 1 January 1900
- Mother: Sarah Elizabeth Zimmerman b. February 1835
- Julia Estelle Mitchell was born in July 1877 in Alabama.
- She was known as Estelle during her younger years.
- Thweatt Eason Mitchell and Sarah Elizabeth Zimmerman appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Tallassee, Elmore County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Julia Estelle Mitchell, Thweatt Mitchell, Red Augustus Mitchell, Leonora Barton Mitchell and Thomas Zimmerman Mitchell.
- James Campbell and Leonora Barton Mitchell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Jefferson County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Julia Estelle Mitchell, Thweatt Campbell and Sarah Elizabeth Zimmerman. Also in the household were niece Nora Mitchell (born April 1893) and nephew Erskin Mitchell (May 1895), whose parents have not yet been identified.
- The following appeared on 29 March 1903 in The Montgomery Advertiser: Miss Evelyn Cook is visiting her cousins, Miss Estelle Mitchell and Miss Roberta Adams, in Birmingham.
- The following appeared on 20 October 1903 in The Montgomery Advertiser: The following invitation has been received by friends in Montgomery. Mrs. S. E. Mitchell announces the marriage of her daughter, Julia Estelle, to Mr. J. Gaines Smith, Thursday, October 22nd, 1903. Birmingham, Ala.
Miss Mitchell, has visited Montgomery very often, as the guest of Miss Ethel Cook, and has hosts of friends here who wish her all happiness.
Mr. Smith is a well-known and popular business man of Birmingham.
- She married J. Gaines Smith on 22 October 1903 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama.
- She married (?) Hillhouse.
- Julia Estelle Mitchell died on 12 December 1958 at age 81 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 27 Jun 2014