b. 19 November 1928, d. 24 January 2004
- Father: Archibald Rowland Campbell b. 3 August 1888, d. 14 December 1985
- Mother: Katherine Wilson Rountree b. 28 June 1890, d. 19 November 1983
- Nancy Campbell was born on 19 November 1928 in Galveston County, Texas.
- Archibald Rowland Campbell and Katherine Wilson Rountree appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Galveston, Texas, at 1515 Avenue J. Other members of the household included Nancy Campbell, Katherine Rountree Campbell, Archibald Rowland Campbell Jr., Mary Lee Campbell and Alice Lucille Campbell.
- She married Winston Leckey Martin say 1950.
- Nancy Campbell became a widow at the 25 December 1976 death of her husband Winston Leckey Martin.
- The following appeared on 21 November 1983 in The Galveston Daily News: Services for Kate Wilson Rountree Campbell, 93, a homemaker, will be Tuesday at J. Levy & Bro. Funeral Home of Galveston, the Rev. Donovan officiating. Burial will follow at Episcopal Cemetery, Galveston, under direction of J. Levy & Bro. Funeral Home of Galveston.
Mrs. Campbell died Saturday at her home. She was born June 28, 1890 in Sherman and had been a Galveston resident since 1914. She was a member of Trinity Episcopal Church in Galveston.
Survivors include her husband, Archibald R. Campbell of Galveston; two sons, Archibald R. Campbell Jr. and Chesley R. Campbell, both of Galveston; four daughters, Katherine Oliver of Waco, Mary Lee Davis of DIckinson, Alice Gaughan of Leawood, Kan. and Nancy Martin of Galveston;p two neices, Madison Hortenstine of Houston and Bette Lee Marshal of Memphis, Tenn; a nephew, Chesley Rontree of Corpus Christi; 13 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.
Visitors may call at the funeral home after 5 p.m. today.
- The following appeared on 16 December 1985 in The Galveston Daily News: Archibald Rowland Campbell, 97, retired vice president of T.T.T. Ship Agencies, died Saturday at St. Mary's Hospital in Galveston.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at J. Levy & Bro. Funeral Home of Galveston, the Rev. John Donovan officiating. Burial will follow in Trinity Episcopal Cemetery of Galveston.
Born Aug. 3, 1888 in Galveston, Mr. Campbell was a lifelong isle resident. He was a vestryman at Trinity Episcopal Church, served as chairman of the board of the Galveston Wharf Co., was president of the Galveston Cotton Exchange and on its board of trustees, and served for more than 20 years on the Galveston draft board.
Survivors include two sons, Archibald R. Campbell and Chesley R. Campbell, both of Galveston; four daughters, Katherine Oliver of Waco, Mary Lee Davis of Dickinson, Alice Gaughan of Leawood, Kan. and Nancy Martin of Galveston; 14 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren and one niece.
The family will be present at the funeral home from 4 to 6 p.m. today.
- She and Katherine Rountree Campbell, Mary Lee Campbell and Alice Lucille Campbell was mentioned in the obituary of Archibald Rowland Campbell Jr. that appeared on 11 December 1994 in The Galveston Daily News: Archibald Rowland Campbell, Jr., died Thursday, December 8, 1994, following a brief illness. He is survived by his wife, Eugenia Harris Campbell; daughter Eugenia H. Campbell; sons Archibald R. Campbell III, John Harris Campbell, and wife Wendy, and Douglas McQueen Campbell and wife Carrie; five grandchildren Larkin Harris Campbell, Colin Leer Campbell, Grant Dillon Campbell, Reed Stewart Campbell and Blake Evan Campbell. He is also survived by his brother Chesley R. Campbell, sisters Katherine C. Oliver, Mary Lee Davis, Alice C. Gaughan, Nancy C. Martin and numerous nieces and nephews. Mr. Campbell was born in Galveston on May 24, 1917, to Archibald R. and Kate Rountree Campbell. He attended Ball High School, the University of the South, and graduated from the Uiversity of Texas in 1940. He served in the United States Army as a First Lieutenant in the European Theater during the Second World War. Mr. Campbell retired in 1980 from American Indemnity Insurance Company, where he was Senior Vice President. He was a lifelong member of Trinity Episcopal Church and served on the Board of Trustees of the Rosenberg Library. Friends may call at J. Levy & Bro. Funeral Home on Sunday, December 11, from 4:00 P.M. until 6:00 P.M. A memorial service will be held at Trinity Episcopal Church on Monday, December 12, at 10:00 A.M. with Reverend John C. Donovan officiating. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Trinity Episcopal Church or the Rosenberg Library.
- Nancy Campbell died on 24 January 2004 at age 75 in Galveston, Texas.
- The following appeared on 27 January 2004 in The Galveston County Daily News: Nancy Campbell Martin, 75, passed away Saturday, January 24, 2004, at her residence. She was born on November 19, 1928, in Galveston, Texas. Mrs. Martin worked at the Titus Harris Clinic and UTMB for over twenty years. She was also a member of the Junior League.
She is preceded in death by her parents Archibald and Kate Campbell; husband Winston L. Martin, M.D; brother Archibald R. Campbell, Jr; sisters Katherine Campbell Oliver, Mary Lee Campbell Davis and Alice Campbell Gaughan; brother-in-laws Thomas M. Oliver, M.D. and Major James E. Gaughan (Ret.)
She is survived by her brother Chesley R. Campbell and his wife Louise; brother-in-law William H. Davis; sister-in-law Eugenia H. Campbell; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, January 28, 2004, at 2 p.m. at J. Levy & Bro. Funeral Home, with Father Ronald Pogue officiating.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Rosenberg Library, the Salvation Army or the charity of one's choice.
J. Levy & Bro. Funeral Home.
- She was interred at Trinity Episcopal Cemetery, Galveston, Texas.
- Last Edited: 20 Feb 2013