b. 17 October 1780, d. 7 June 1840
- William Falconer was born on 17 October 1780 in Maryland.
- He married Nancy Wilder on 26 March 1818 in Montgomery County, Alabama.
- William Falconer died on 7 June 1840 at age 59.
- His wife Nancy Wilder became a widow at his death.
- A biographical sketch of William Falconer appears in W. G. Robertson's 1892 Early Settlers::
William Falconer, at a very early day in the history of Montgomery county, settled on the Mount Meigs road near the city, and afterwards moved to the head waters of Ramer creek. He had a splendid plantation and a very pretty property, and succeeded well as a planter. He was a member of the Presbyterian church and a prominent man in the community. Mr. Falconer had a large family of children. Martha, the oldest daughter, was the wife of Dr. Hugh W. Henry. Nancy, another daughter, was the wife of Benjamin Hart. Sarah, the next, was the wife of Col. J. R. Dillard. Jane, the next, was the wife of Dr. Charles McEachin; and Henrietta, the youngest, was the wife of Peter G. Powell. Mr. Falconer was the grand father of Dr. J. H. Henry, of Montgomery.
Recollections of the Early Settlers of Montgomery County and Their Families, by William G. Robertson. Montgomery, Alabama: Excelsior Printing Company, 1892. Reprinted Montgomery Alabama: Society of Pioneers of Montgomery, 1961.
- A biographical sketch appears in the History of Alabama and Dictionary of Alabama Biography (1920): William Falconer, planter, was a native of Maryland and among the early settlers of Montgomery County. He first located on Mt. Meigs road near the city, but later moved to the headwaters of Ramer Creek. He came to Alabama in 1817 with his brother John Falconer (q. v.) having previously dwelt for a while in Manchester, S. C. He was a Presbyterian. Married: while residing in South Carolina: (1) Anne Singleton; (2) Nancy Wilder. Children, by first wife: 1. Catherine, m. James Belser, (q. v.); 2. Martha, m. Dr. Hugh Miller Henry (q. v.); 3. Nancy, m. Benjamin Hart; by the second marriage: 4. Sarah, m. James Richard Dillard; 5. Henrietta, d. young; 6. Caroline Ellen, died unmarried; 7. John Peregrene, d. young; 8. Stuart Wilder, d. young; 9. Jane Elizabeth, m. Dr. Charles McEachern [sic]; 10. Joshua, Pisgah, Ky; 11. Eleanor Henrietta, m. Peter George Powell. Last residence: Montgomery.
- Last Edited: 8 Jul 2014
Family: Nancy Wilder b. 4 October 1794, d. 25 June 1859
- Sarah Ann Falconer b. 16 February 1819
- Caroline Eliza Falconer b. 15 February 1823
- Jane Elizabeth Falconer+ b. 21 September 1827, d. 25 May 1877
- John Peregrine Falconer b. 21 September 1827, d. 24 October 1843
- Stewart Wilder Falconer b. July 1830, d. 28 September 1840
- Joshua Abraham Falconer b. 7 November 1835
- Henrietta Eleanor Falconer+ b. 18 July 1838, d. 4 November 1883