Sarah Elizabeth Rodes
b. October 1892, d. 1994
- Father: Joseph Waller Rodes b. September 1856, d. 26 September 1912
- Mother: Bettie Powell b. 30 August 1857, d. 25 December 1944
- Sarah Elizabeth Rodes was born in October 1892 in Kentucky.
- Joseph Waller Rodes and Bettie Powell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Fayette County, Kentucky. Other members of the household included Sarah Elizabeth Rodes, Henrietta Falconer Rodes, Joseph Waller Rodes Jr., Peter Powell Rodes, William Rodes, Frank Bullock Rodes, Robert Michael Rodes and Sarah E. Marshall.
- The following appeared on 28 March 1920 in The Lexington Herald-Leader: Mrs. Bettie Powell Rodes announces the engagement of her daughter Elizabeth, to Mr. Richard Carroll Barbee. The marriage will be celebrated on the 22nd of April.
- She married Richard Carroll Barbee on 22 April 1920.
- Sarah Elizabeth Rodes became a widow at the 12 March 1950 death of her husband Richard Carroll Barbee in Fayette County, Kentucky.
- Sarah Elizabeth Rodes died in 1994.
- She was interred at Lexington Cemetery, Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky.
- Last Edited: 11 Jan 2011