b. 12 February 1802, d. 2 May 1860
- Father: Livingston Mims b. circa 1770, d. circa 1812
- Mother: Martha Perrin b. circa 1780, d. 28 February 1851
- Henry Mims was born on 12 February 1802 in South Carolina.
- He married Susan Burr Read circa 1828.
- Henry Mims became a widower at the circa 1833 death of his wife Susan Burr Read.
- He married Mary Lamar Jeter in August 1834 in Putnam County, Georgia.
- Henry Mims became a widower at the circa 1835 death of his wife Mary Lamar Jeter.
- He married Augusta Julia Nagel, daughter of Augustus Gotlieb Nagel and Martha Gray, circa 1836, first cousins once removed; Henry's father Livingston Mims was the brother of Julia's maternal grandmother Mary Mims Gray.
- Henry Mims and Augusta Julia Nagel appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Hinds County, Mississippi. Other members of the household included William H. Mims, Martha A. Mims, Augustus G. Mims, Robert B. Mims and John A. Mims.
- He was a merchant, according to the 1850 census.
- Henry Mims died on 2 May 1860 at age 58.
- He was interred at Crystal Springs Cemetery, Crystal Springs, Copiah County, Mississippi.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Augusta Julia Nagel and Henry Mims.
- Last Edited: 12 Sep 2010
Family 1: Susan Burr Read b. circa 1809, d. circa 1833
- Livingston Mims+ b. circa 1829, d. 5 March 1906
Family 3: Augusta Julia Nagel b. 24 July 1816, d. 23 April 1879
- Alberta Mims b. 19 April 1839, d. 27 November 1849
- Martha A. Mims b. 8 September 1841, d. 23 June 1857
- Samuel P. Mims b. 25 May 1843, d. 21 June 1843
- Augustus G. Mims b. 7 July 1844, d. 20 August 1862
- Robert B. Mims b. circa 1846
- John A. Mims b. 27 January 1850, d. 19 November 1926
- Albert E. Mims b. 25 January 1852, d. 30 March 1854
- Fannie E. Mims b. 31 January 1855, d. 3 June 1855
- R. Percy Mims b. circa 1857