b. circa 1885
- Father: James Billingslea Mitchell b. 28 July 1844, d. 24 February 1891
- Mother: Rebecca Stone Ryan b. 20 May 1845
- Mary Mitchell was born circa 1885 in Alabama.
- William A. Mitchell appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Orange County, New York, at West Point Military Reservation. Other members of the household included Mary Mitchell, Rebecca Stone Ryan and Frances Phillips Mitchell. And there was one female domestic servant in the household.
- The following appeared on 4 September 1910 in The Columbus Enquirer-Sun: Mrs. Rebecca Stone Mitchell, of West Point, New York, announced the engagement of her daughter, Mary, to Lieut. Harold C. Fiske, Corps. of Engineers, U. S. A. [:CR] [:TAB] The above announcement is taken from the army and navy journal and is of great interest to the many Columbus friends of the bride, Miss Mitchell, who has resided with her mother for the past six or seven years iin West Point. She is the sister of Capt. Americus Mitchell, U. and S. A., and also of William A. Mitchell, Corps of Engineers, and the family formerly resided in Columbus. Miss Mitchell is a bright and charming young woman and has visited Columbus several times since her residence out of the state. [:CR] [:TAB] Lieut. Fiske is instructor in the Department of Engineering at the Military Academy at West Point, New York.
- She married Harold C. Fiske.
- Last Edited: 19 Aug 2010