Thomas Jefferson Lewis
b. circa 1827
- Thomas Jefferson Lewis was born circa 1827 in Georgia.
- Ulysses Lewis and Sarah Ann Abercrombie appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Russell County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Thomas Jefferson Lewis, Elizabeth Martin Lewis, Sarah E. Lewis, Martha G. Lewis, Jane H. Lewis, Charles Lewis, Ulysses Lewis and Joseph H. Lewis.
- He married Nancy M. Eiland circa 1850.
- The following appeared on 31 October 1857 in The Columbus Enquirer: Valuable Lands at Administrator's Sale. Will be sold, by order of Court for distribution, on Monday the 18th of November next, at the late residence of Ulysses Lewis, deceased, 2 miles west of Girard, Russell county, Alabama, 1,000 Acres of Land, 250 acres of which are in cultivation; belonging to the Estate of the said Ulysses Lewis, deceased. It is first quality upland, well adapted to corn and cotton, and is unsurpassed in point of health and water--a large portion is heavily timbered with the best oak, hickory, and pine timber. Streams of never-failing water are abundant. There are 12 Twenty Acre Tracts comprised in the above, lying within 1-1/2 miles of the city, which will be sold separately for Building Lots. They are all woodland and comprise many beautiful sites for Building. To the citizens of Columbus ios offered a good opportunity to possess themselves of a country place, for a Residence, a small Farm or for Woodland, within convenient distance of the City with the advantages over the Georgia side, of cheapness, health and good water. Also, to be sold at the same time and place, if not sold privately, the Machinery, Brick-work, &c, of a first rate Steam Saw Mill, all in running order.-- Engine 40 Horse Power good Boiler, &c. The subscriber will take pleasure in showing the above Lands to any who may call on him. Terms 12 months credit with interest and notes with two good securities, as required by law. T. J. Lewis Adm'r. October 6, 1857.
- Thomas Jefferson Lewis and Nancy M. Eiland appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Columbus (Georgia) PO, Russell County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Anabell Lewis, Mary E. Lewis, Eliza W. Lewis and John A. Lewis.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1860 census.
- Last Edited: 7 Jul 2010