b. circa 1799, d. 8 August 1856
- Ulysses Lewis was born circa 1799 in Georgia.
- He married Sarah Ann Abercrombie, daughter of John Booth Abercrombie and Elizabeth Martin, on 7 October 1824 in Hancock County, Georgia.
- Ulysses Lewis and Sarah Ann Abercrombie appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Russell County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Elizabeth Martin Lewis, Sarah E. Lewis, Martha G. Lewis, Jane H. Lewis, Charles Lewis, Ulysses Lewis, Joseph H. Lewis and Thomas Jefferson Lewis.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- Ulysses Lewis died on 8 August 1856 in Russell County, Alabama.
- The following appeared on 14 August 1856 in The Daily Picayune: Judge Ulysses Lewis, a prominent citizen of Russell county, Ala., died at his residence on Friday last.
- The following appeared on 31 October 1857 in The Columbus Enquirer: Valuable Lands at Administrator's Sale. Will be sold, by order of Court for distribution, on Monday the 18th of November next, at the late residence of Ulysses Lewis, deceased, 2 miles west of Girard, Russell county, Alabama, 1,000 Acres of Land, 250 acres of which are in cultivation; belonging to the Estate of the said Ulysses Lewis, deceased. It is first quality upland, well adapted to corn and cotton, and is unsurpassed in point of health and water--a large portion is heavily timbered with the best oak, hickory, and pine timber. Streams of never-failing water are abundant. There are 12 Twenty Acre Tracts comprised in the above, lying within 1-1/2 miles of the city, which will be sold separately for Building Lots. They are all woodland and comprise many beautiful sites for Building. To the citizens of Columbus ios offered a good opportunity to possess themselves of a country place, for a Residence, a small Farm or for Woodland, within convenient distance of the City with the advantages over the Georgia side, of cheapness, health and good water. Also, to be sold at the same time and place, if not sold privately, the Machinery, Brick-work, &c, of a first rate Steam Saw Mill, all in running order.-- Engine 40 Horse Power good Boiler, &c. The subscriber will take pleasure in showing the above Lands to any who may call on him. Terms 12 months credit with interest and notes with two good securities, as required by law. T. J. Lewis Adm'r. October 6, 1857.
- Last Edited: 7 Jul 2010
Family: Sarah Ann Abercrombie b. circa 1810
- John A. Lewis b. circa 1825
- Thomas Jefferson Lewis+ b. circa 1827
- Elizabeth Martin Lewis b. circa 1831
- Claidia A. Lewis b. circa 1831
- Sarah E. Lewis b. circa 1836
- Martha G. Lewis b. circa 1838
- Jane H. Lewis b. circa 1840
- Charles Lewis b. circa 1842
- Ulysses Lewis b. circa 1844
- Joseph H. Lewis b. circa 1847