William Wade Rice
b. 29 January 1878, d. 20 April 1955
- Father: Hezakiah Fleetwood Rice b. 9 January 1840, d. 21 June 1918
- Mother: Sarah Elizabeth Wood b. 4 April 1844, d. 18 January 1920
- William Wade Rice married Sarah Elizabeth Rix, daughter of Henry J. Rix and Nancy Catherine Johnson, and William's sister Lilla married Sarah's brother Smith Rix.
- William Wade Rice was born on 29 January 1878 in Tyler, Smith County, Texas.
- Hezakiah Fleetwood Rice and Sarah Elizabeth Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Smith County, Texas. Other members of the household included William Wade Rice, Ibzan Leftwich Rice, Elbert Dean Rice, Clen Rice and Clifton Rice.
- He was working on the farm, according to the 1900 census.
- A photographic portrait was made of brothers William Wade, IL, Clen, Clifton and Dean.
- William Wade Rice became a widower at the 13 August 1954 death of his wife Sarah Elizabeth Rix.
- William Wade Rice died on 20 April 1955 at age 77 in Tyler, Smith County, Texas, at 1218 North Carlyle Street at his residence, informant Blanche Rice Stine.
- He was interred at Kendrick Cemetery, Smith County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 5 Jun 2009