Heinrich Oskar Menzer
b. 1 August 1881, d. 2 January 1968
- Father: Friedrich August Menzer b. 16 January 1839, d. 30 September 1900
- Mother: Concordia Wilhelmine Schiffel b. 22 November 1842, d. 6 February 1887
- Heinrich Oskar Menzer was born on 1 August 1881 in Colmnitz, Sachsen.
- Heinrich Oskar Menzer arrived circa 1899, according to the 1930 census.
- Heinrich Oskar Menzer (and Friedrich Wilhelm Menzer) appeared in the 1909 Memphis, Tennessee, City Directory at 204-1/2 North Main as Menzer Bros (Fritz and Oscar), shoemakers. Fritz was living at 575 Leath, and Oscar was rooming at the Main Street address..
- Heinrich Oskar Menzer appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee.
- He was employed as a shoemaker in a repair shop, according to the 1910 census.
- He married Margret (?) circa 1911.
- Heinrich Oskar Menzer registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Lawrence County, Arkansas, while living with his wife Margret in Annieville, and employed there farming.
- Heinrich Oskar Menzer and Margret (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Tunica, Tunica County, Mississippi, at 1st East Avenue South.
- Heinrich Oskar Menzer died on 2 January 1968 at age 86 in Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee.
- Source: Information on Ida Alwine Menzer and her her origins from Nancy Sinclair
(May 2010), and "Bourke and Bass Families of Texas" by Sylvia Ann Bass (Genealogy.com FTM Online, April 2009).
- He was proprietor of a shoe store, according to the 1930 census.
- Last Edited: 31 May 2010