Friedrich Wilhelm Menzer
b. 30 May 1870, d. 26 September 1950
- Father: Friedrich August Menzer b. 16 January 1839, d. 30 September 1900
- Mother: Concordia Wilhelmine Schiffel b. 22 November 1842, d. 6 February 1887
- Friedrich Wilhelm Menzer was born on 30 May 1870 in Colmnitz, Sachsen.
- He was known as Wilhelm.
- Friedrich Wilhelm Menzer arrived in 1889, and was granted citizenship in Shelby County, Tennessee, in 1905.
- He married Lina Helene Braun say 1896.
- Friedrich Wilhelm Menzer and Lina Helene Braun appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Bastrop County, Texas. Other members of the household included Karl Friedrich Menzer and Louise Johanna Menzer.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1900 census.
- Heinrich Oskar Menzer (and Friedrich Wilhelm Menzer) appeared in the 1909 Memphis, Tennessee, City Directory at 204-1/2 North Main as Menzer Bros (Fritz and Oscar), shoemakers. Fritz was living at 575 Leath, and Oscar was rooming at the Main Street address..
- Friedrich Wilhelm Menzer and Lina Helene Braun appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Navarro County, Texas. Other members of the household included Karl Friedrich Menzer, Louise Johanna Menzer, Lena Helena Menzer, William Menzer and Elsie Menzer.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1910 census.
- A photographic portrait was made of the Menzer family about 1910: Wilhelm, Lena, Lina & baby Elsie, William, Karl and Louise.
- The following appeared on 14 August 1914 in The Dallas Morning News: (Letters From Readers) Suggestion for Reform. "Amendments have failed, How about a real reform?" is one of the bes contributions by X. Carson in your paper. "Forty Representatives from ten districts! Cut out travel and other useless expenses!" /P/ The State could furnish a permanent railroad car, including desks to work, and bring the Legislature over the State so it may investigate personally as needed. /P/ The forty Representatives should be chose in percentage to conform to occupation in the State, as farmers, business men, doctors, teachers, lawyers, etc. Religious faith should hold no monopoly. Hopnesty is good enough and preferable. Staunch Democrats may be no harm, but the taxpayers and the present writer will take qualification of business ability in consideration. William Menzer. Marlin, Texas.
- Friedrich Wilhelm Menzer and Lina Helene Braun appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Falls County, Texas. Other members of the household included Karl Friedrich Menzer and William Menzer.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1930 census.
- At the time of his death Friedrich Wilhelm Menzer was living in Marlin, Falls County, Texas, at 117 Shenandoah.
- Friedrich Wilhelm Menzer died on 26 September 1950 at age 80 in Marlin, Falls County, Texas, at Torbett's Hospital Annex . His death was officially witnessed by Lina Helene Braun.
- His wife Lina Helene Braun became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Saint Paul Church Cemetery, Marlin, Falls County, Texas.
- Source: Information on Ida Alwine Menzer and her her origins from Nancy Sinclair
(May 2010), and "Bourke and Bass Families of Texas" by Sylvia Ann Bass (Genealogy.com FTM Online, April 2009).
- Last Edited: 31 May 2010
Family: Lina Helene Braun b. 24 May 1875, d. 19 January 1968
- Karl Friedrich Menzer b. 28 November 1897, d. 22 February 1970
- Louise Johanna Menzer+ b. 11 September 1899, d. 13 August 1997
- Lena Helena Menzer b. 22 January 1902, d. 14 April 1989
- William Menzer b. 7 February 1906, d. 5 May 1982
- Elsie Menzer+ b. 29 July 1909, d. 24 January 1989