Winona C. Thrasher
b. May 1894
- Father: John W. Thrasher b. 9 September 1853, d. 17 January 1916
- Mother: Alice Adelia (?) b. April 1856
- Winona C. Thrasher was born in May 1894 in Alabama.
- Alice Adelia (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Wetumpka, Elmore County, Alabama, identified as "married," but John Thrasher is not enumerated in the household.. Other members of the household included Winona C. Thrasher, Sloan William Thrasher, Eugene W. Thrasher, Clifford H. Thrasher and Mary J. Thrasher.
- The following appeared on 1 January 1911 in The Montgomery Advertiser: Pretty Holiday Party -- Miss Louise Sharpe entertained a number of friends delightfully Saturday evening, in compliment to Miss Wenona Thrasher, of Wetumpka. For the occasion her home was decorated with a wealth of smilax, holly and carnations. The color motif carried out in the dining room was red and green, and smilax and red flowers were used. Games were played for the amusement of the guests, the score cards were handpainted, and were tiny cupids ringing a gold bell, typical of the wane of the old year. At the conclusion of the games a two-course luncheon was served. Miss Sharpe was assisted in receiving and entertaining her guests by Mrs. J. P. Anderson.
The guests were: Misses Helna Thrasher, Stella Sanguinetti, Lizzie Carter, Cleo Brown, of Gainesville, Ga; Ray wewy, Rosa Lewy, Marie Anderson, Louise Sharp.
Messrs. John Tyson, Porter Watson, Hilder Adams, Bost. Johnson, C. J. Fay and Reubin Sharpe.
- Last Edited: 18 Mar 2009