b. 30 October 1864
- Mother: Jinney b. 10 September 1830
- Cherry was born on 30 October 1864 in Montgomery County, Texas, at Greenwood plantation near old Danville.
- Following emancipation, Cherry adopted the name Cherry James.
- Angus and Jinney appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Cherry, Anaka, Cora, Colbert, Jane, Angus, Charles, Lizzie James, Milton James, Martha James, Laubertie James, Georgia James, James James, Anna James, William James, Perry James, Mitchell James and Amon James. Also in the household are grandchildren, apparently from three different families, which are not known. possibly earlier, unknown, children of Angus. Some of the children, Charley in particular, appear to be those enumerated in 1870 with Milton James, who likely was a brother of Angus. Young Angus also is enumerated in the household of Peter Early, working on the farm.
- She was a farm hand, according to the 1880 census.
- Children of Jinney born between 1847 and 1864, were recorded by Green Wood.
- Last Edited: 18 Jul 2011