Mary Vienna Hills
b. 28 April 1846
- Father: Baxter Yale Hills b. 4 February 1813, d. 17 September 1851
- Mother: Louisa Wright b. 18 December 1812, d. 4 August 1850
- Mary Vienna Hills was born on 28 April 1846 in Houseville, Lewis County, New York.
- She married Elhanan L. Ragan, son of Egbert Ragan and Jerusha Johnson, on 22 January 1874 in West Martinsburg, Lewis County, New York, with Rev. L. B. Noulton officiating.
- The following appeared on 29 January 1874 in The Journal and Republican: Elkanah Ragan and Miss Mary V. Hills, both of Turin, were married January 22, 1874, by Rev. L. B. Noulton at the M. E. parsonage at West Martinsburg.
- Elhanan L. Ragan and Mary Vienna Hills appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Turin, Lewis County, New York. Other members of the household included Everett Henry Ragan and Minnie E. Ragan.
- Mary Vienna Hills appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Lowville, Lewis County, New York, enumerated as a servant in the household of capitalist Samuel E. Skinner.. Other members of the household included Enid L. Ragan.
- She was employed as a housekeeper, according to the 1900 census.
- Christian C. Zehr and Caroline (?) appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1905 in Croghan, Lewis County, New York, identified as mother-in-law in the household of Christian and Caroline Zeln. Other members of the household included Mary Vienna Hills, Frank M. Zehr and Enid L. Ragan.
- Last Edited: 29 Dec 2010