b. 13 October 1805, d. 27 September 1873
- Ann Lindsay was born on 13 October 1805 in North Carolina.
- She married Malachi Pegues, son of William Pegues II and Sarah Speed, circa 12 December 1825 in Chesterfield, South Carolina.
- Ann Lindsay became a widow at the December 1849 death of her husband Malachi Pegues.
- Ann Lindsay appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in DeSoto Parish, Louisiana, enumerated next to her deceased husband's brother Charles. Other members of the household included Samuel Lindsay Pegues, Claudius M. Pegues, Sarah Ann Pegues, Henrietta Pegues, Eveline M. Pegues, Eugene Pegues, Mary E. Pegues, Eliza P. Pegues, Charlotte J. Pegues and Frances A. Pegues. It appears that daughters Eliza and Charlotte are identified in this census as Lucy and Catherine, respectively. And it is remotely possible that daughter Eliza/Lucy also is enumerated in the 1850 household of Malachi's brother Claudius in Washington County, Texas, as Elizabeth Pegues (age 22, born in South Carolina.)
- Ann Lindsay appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Mansfield PO, DeSoto Parish, Louisiana. Other members of the household included Mary E. Pegues, Charlotte J. Pegues, Frances A. Pegues and Claudius M. Pegues. Ages of daughters Mary, Charlotte/Catherine and Frances have only increased by 7-8 years since the 1850 census.
- John H. Eastham and Eliza P. Pegues appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Mansfield, DeSoto Parish, Louisiana. Other members of the household included Ann Lindsay, Mary E. Pegues and Charlotte J. Pegues. Also in the household were children Ella M. (age 12), Claude (10), John (8), James (4) and Francis (4 months). The conclusion that "Anell Pogwe" (age 64, born in North Carolina) is Eliza's mother Ann L. Pegues, and Mary (28) and Charlott (24) are Eliza's sisters, is based upon persuasive circumstantial evidence.
- Ann Lindsay died on 27 September 1873 at age 67.
- She was interred at Mansfield Cemetery, Mansfield, DeSoto Parish, Louisiana.
- Last Edited: 27 Mar 2015
Family: Malachi Pegues b. 6 June 1804, d. December 1849
- Samuel Lindsay Pegues b. 22 July 1826, d. 12 May 1902
- Sarah Ann Pegues b. 12 January 1829, d. 7 March 1915
- Claudius M. Pegues+ b. 4 January 1831, d. 3 January 1889
- Henrietta Pegues+ b. circa 1834
- Eveline M. Pegues b. circa 1835
- Eugene Pegues b. circa 1836
- Mary E. Pegues b. circa 1838
- Eliza P. Pegues b. 11 February 1838, d. 2 July 1914
- Charlotte J. Pegues b. circa 1840
- Frances A. Pegues+ b. 16 July 1848, d. 17 January 1882