John Butler Terrell
b. circa 1848
- Father: Peter Buford Terrell Jr. b. 12 September 1813, d. 27 October 1851
- Mother: Ann Catherine Wingfield b. circa 1817, d. 20 August 1862
- John Butler Terrell was born circa 1848 in Georgia.
- Peter Buford Terrell Jr. and Ann Catherine Wingfield appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Coweta County, Georgia. Other members of the household included John Butler Terrell, Richmond Terrell, Mary F. Terrell and William Jones Terrell. Also in the household were sister-in-law Sophia Terrell (age 43) and Terrell children Thos P. (20), E. P. (21), Mary (16), Martha S. (14) and Edwin (8), as well as student Edwin G. Philips (20).
- William Jones Terrell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Grimes County, Texas, in the household of Ann Randle, age 37, and her two children.. Other members of the household included John Butler Terrell, Mary F. Terrell. Also in the household was W. H/K. Terrell, age 29, whose relationship to the others has not yet been established. And William Jones Terrell's new wife Mary Hinton O'Neal is missing from the household.
- He married Virginia H. Todd, daughter of Williamson Todd and Virginia Grenard, on 6 June 1866 in Grimes County, Texas.
- John Butler Terrell and Virginia H. Todd appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included William Todd Terrell, Annie Terrell, Elizabeth Terrell and Ed Tom Terrell.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1880 census.
- The following appeared on 15 October 1898 in The Daily Examiner: The Woodmen of the World have erected a monument over the grave of the late John B. Terrell and it will be unveiled with appropriate ceremony, consisting of songs, etc. on Sunday October 23rd. The public are invited to attend.
- Last Edited: 12 Aug 2012