James Myrl Cellum
b. 23 April 1908, d. 3 January 1990
- James Myrl Cellum was born on 23 April 1908 in Texas.
- He married Myrtle Ernestine Bay, daughter of John Edwin Bay and Stacy Scott Teague, circa 1933.
- James Myrl Cellum and Myrtle Ernestine Bay appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Edcouch, Hidalgo County, Texas. Other members of the household included Johnnye Beth Palmer and Barbara Kay Cellum.
- He was employed as a vegetable buyer by a vegetable shipping company, according to the 1940 census.
- He officially witnessed the death of Myrtle Ernestine Bay on 14 January 1943 in Edcouch, Hidalgo County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 15 January 1943 in the Harlingen Valley Morning Star: (Edcouch) Mrs. Myrtle E. Cellum, 40, died at 9:25 p. m. Thursday following a lingering illness. She had been a resident of the community for a number of years, having come here from Richards, Grimes county, Texas.
Surviving are her husband, J. M. Cellum; two daughters, Jonny Beth Palmer and Barbara K. Cellum, of Edcouch; and four sisters.
Funeral services will be held at 5 p. m. Friday from the Methodist Church here with Rev. Roy E. Rader officiating. Pallbearers will be E. W. Martin, Jim Howell, George Milliford, C. G. Hart, Gordon Smith and Jack Barnum. The body will be taken to Richards Friday night in a Martin-Nelson ambulance from Westlaco.
- He married Mary Anna Johnson circa 1944.
- The following appeared on 19 August 1945 in The Brownsville Herald: (Edcouch) Above is shown Miss Johnnye Beth Palmer, who recently returned to her home in Houston following a visit in Edcouch in the home of her step-father, J. M. Cellum and family. It was her first visit here in three years. Miss Palmer has made her home in both Austin and Houston since leaving Edcouch.
- James Myrl Cellum died on 3 January 1990 at age 81 in Hidalgo County, Texas.
- His wife Mary Anna Johnson became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at HIghland Memorial Park Cemetery, Weslaco, Hidalgo County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 23 Feb 2016
- Charts: Descendants of TEAGUE Joshua
Family 1: Myrtle Ernestine Bay b. 2 February 1902, d. 14 January 1943
- Barbara Kay Cellum b. 7 February 1937, d. 12 November 2006