Peggy Anne Callari
b. 19 March 1932, d. 3 December 2015
- Father: Vincent Carl Callari b. 10 March 1899, d. 4 March 1949
- Mother: Athalea Lowery b. 14 August 1905, d. 4 November 1988
- Peggy Anne Callari was born on 19 March 1932 in Amite, Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana.
- She married Sam Madeley Wood Jr., son of Sam Madeley Wood and Edna Mae Pickett, say 1958.
- Peggy Anne Callari became a widow at the 27 December 2011 death of her husband Sam Madeley Wood Jr.
- Peggy Anne Callari died on 3 December 2015 at age 83 in Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas, at Christus Hospital St. Elizabeth.
- She was interred at Oakland Cemetery, Navasota, Grimes County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 9 December 2015 in The Examiner: Peggy Anne Callari Wood, 83, of Beaumont died Thursday, Dec. 3, at Christus Hospital St. Elizabeth, Beaumont.
She was born March 19, 1932, in Amite, Louisiana, to Athalea Low[e]ry Callari and Vincent Carl Callari, and had been a longtime resident of Beaumont.
Peggy graduated from both Southeastern Louisiana, Hammond, Louisiana and Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
She went on to teach at Amite High School, Chesbrough High School, Lamar University, South Park High School, Forest Park High school, and Westbrook High School. Peggy retired after 39 years of teaching.
She is survived by her children, Sam Madeley Wood III and Susan Anne Wood Yellott; brother, Tommy Joseph Callari; and grandchildren, Phillip Allen Yellott Jr. and Samantha Kathleen Yellott.
Peggy is preceded in death by her parents and by her husband, Sam Madeley Wood Jr.
The gathering of Mrs. Wood's family and friends was at 10 a.m., with her funeral following at 11 a.m., Monday, Dec. 7, at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, 1350 North 23rd Street, Beaumont.
Her graveside service began at 3:30 p.m. at Oakland Cemetery, 801 Sixth Street in Navasota, under the direction of Broussard's, 1605 North Major Drive in Beaumont.
Memorial colntributions may be made to Lamar Camput Ministry, c/o St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, 1350 North 23rd Street, Beaumont, Texas 77706.
- Last Edited: 11 Dec 2015
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine