Roland Eugene Haynie
b. 18 October 1891, d. 10 June 1947
- Father: Emmett Albert Haynie b. 16 August 1856, d. 16 February 1910
- Mother: Annie McCune b. 7 March 1859, d. 27 September 1938
- Roland Eugene Haynie was born on 18 October 1891 in Apolonia, Grimes County, Texas.
- He was known as Eugene Haynie.
- Emmett Albert Haynie and Annie McCune appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Roland Eugene Haynie, Eunice Clara Haynie. Also in the household were two farm laborers. It should be noted that birth information for everyone in this household appears to incorrect.
- He married Christine Etta Gillespie circa 1911.
- Roland Eugene Haynie registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Grimes County, Texas, while living with his wife and child in Richards, and employed by Magnolia Petroleum Company.
- Roland Eugene Haynie and Christine Etta Gillespie appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Malcolm L. Haynie.
- He was working at an oil pump station, according to the 1920 census.
- He married Nellie Lucille Williams circa 1925.
- Roland Eugene Haynie and Nellie Lucille Williams appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Wink, Winkler County, Texas. Other members of the household included Charles Eugene Haynie and Joan Haynie.
- He was an engineer, pumping oil, according to the 1930 census.
- Roland Eugene Haynie died on 10 June 1947 at age 55 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas.
- His wife Nellie Lucille Williams became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Fairview Cemetery, Grimes County, Texas, near Richards.
- Last Edited: 18 Dec 2013
Family 1: Christine Etta Gillespie b. November 1892
- Malcolm L. Haynie b. 28 December 1910, d. 14 April 1944
Family 2: Nellie Lucille Williams b. 10 April 1906, d. 27 December 1981
- Charles Eugene Haynie b. 16 August 1928, d. 4 February 1971
- Joan Haynie b. 1 March 1930, d. 8 April 1931