Thomas Jefferson Hurst
b. 1854, d. 7 February 1933
- Father: William Hurst
- Thomas Jefferson Hurst was born in 1854 in Georgia.
- He married Katherine Kelley, daughter of William D. Kelley and Katherine Laurany Banks, circa 1875.
- Thomas Jefferson Hurst and Katherine Kelley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Maude Lorraine Hurst, Elizabeth B. Hurst, Kate Kelley Hurst and Katherine Laurany Banks. Also in the household were two male boarders.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1880 census.
- Thomas Jefferson Hurst became a widower at the 1916 death of his wife Katherine Kelley.
- Thomas Jefferson Hurst died on 7 February 1933 in Walker County, Texas, . His death was officially witnessed by George Lewis Peacock. Informant was G. L. Peacock, Willis.
- He was interred at Odd Fellows Cemetery, Anderson, Grimes County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 22 Apr 2012
Family: Katherine Kelley b. 1855, d. 1916
- Maude Lorraine Hurst+ b. 1 October 1876, d. 27 September 1964
- Elizabeth B. Hurst+ b. 1 July 1878, d. 19 September 1949
- Kate Kelley Hurst+ b. 31 January 1880, d. 8 October 1958
- Mamie Hurst b. 25 December 1881, d. 30 November 1964
- William Howard Hurst+ b. 27 January 1884, d. 10 February 1956
- Sally Hurst b. 10 February 1886, d. 6 January 1969
- John Thomas Hurst+ b. 24 June 1888, d. 16 January 1968
- Gordon Lee Hurst+ b. 12 June 1899, d. 8 July 1976