b. circa 30 October 1847, d. 22 May 1880
- Father: Thomas Woolcock b. circa 1819, d. 27 November 1868
- Mother: Susanna Testick Rescorl b. June 1822, d. 10 May 1909
- Richard Woolcock was born circa 30 October 1847 in England.
- He was baptized/christened on 28 November 1847 in Lostwithiel, Cornwall, England.
- Thomas Woolcock and Susanna Testick Rescorl appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Belleville Township, Essex County, New Jersey. Other members of the household included Richard Woolcock, William Thomas Woolcock, John Woolcock, Edwin Woolcock and Philippa Woolcock.
- The following appeared on 12 April 1879 in The Highland Democrat: Mr. Horace McCoy intends leaving Peekskill to-day for Leadville, Col., where he has promise of work. The Woolcock brothers, who recently left for that place, have both been successful in securing good jobs.
- Richard Woolcock died on 22 May 1880 in Leadville, Lake County, Colorado.
- He was interred at Hillside Cemetery, Peekskill/Cortlandt Manor, Westchester County, New York.
- The following appeared on 5 June 1880 in The Highland Democrat: The remains of Richard Woolcock, whose death at Leadville was announced in last week's Democrat, arrived in Peekskill on Wednesday morning, in charge of his brother-in-law, Edward Dinnis. The funeral services will be held to-morrow (Sunday), and will be under the direction of the Masonic order of which he was a member. Westchester Commandery of Knights Templar, of Sing Sing, will escort Cortlandt Lodge of this village. Visiting and resident Master Masons who have nevr yet visited the lodge are requested to make themselves known and assist in the funeral services. The lodge will assemble on Sunday at 12 o'clock, noon, and the funeral will take place from the First M. E. church at one o'clock.
- Last Edited: 30 Dec 2014