Donald Robert Hoffman
b. 16 January 1931
- Father: John Kammerer Hoffman b. 17 December 1907, d. 29 July 1987
- Mother: Dorothy A. Melcher b. 20 October 1905, d. 16 August 1993
- Donald Robert Hoffman was born on 16 January 1931 in New York.
- Albert John Hoffman and Helen Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Niagara, Niagara County, New York, at 2902 Lockport Road. Other members of the household included Donald Robert Hoffman, John Kammerer Hoffman, Dorothy A. Melcher, John J. Hoffman, Mary Lou Hoffman and Geraldine F. Hoffman.
- The following appeared on 1951 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: (Colonial Village) Seaman 1/c Donald Hoffman is spending a 15-day furlough with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Hoffman, 15 Garlow road. Seaman Hoffman is serving aboard the Destroyer USS Abbott, which is now at the Philadelphia navy yard undergoing repairs.
- The following appeared on 4 September 1966 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Dan Lanphear, 4656 Apple Drive, Lewiston, will be hostess at a party today from 2 to 5 p.m. honoring her parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Hoffman, on the occasion of their 40th wedding anniversary.
Mr. and Mrs. Hoffman, former residents of Colonial Village, now make their home in Ashtabula, Ohio, where Mr. Hoffman was transferred by Union Carbide Corp. He is now retired since Jan. 1 after 34 years with the corporation.
Present at the party will be the couple's other three children, Mrs. Ronald Bement, North Tonawanda; Donald Hoffman, Parkersburg, W. Va; and John Hoffman, and six granddaughters.
Since retirement, Mr. and Mrs. Hoffman have traveled extensively through the United States with a travel trailer.
- Last Edited: 30 Apr 2015