John J. Hoffman
b. 23 May 1927, d. December 1981
- Father: John Kammerer Hoffman b. 17 December 1907, d. 29 July 1987
- Mother: Dorothy A. Melcher b. 20 October 1905, d. 16 August 1993
- John J. Hoffman was born on 23 May 1927 in New York.
- John Kammerer Hoffman and Dorothy A. Melcher appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 2761 Lockport Street. Other members of the household included John J. Hoffman, Mary Lou Hoffman and Geraldine F. Hoffman.
- Albert John Hoffman and Helen Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Niagara, Niagara County, New York, at 2902 Lockport Road. Other members of the household included John J. Hoffman, John Kammerer Hoffman, Dorothy A. Melcher, Mary Lou Hoffman, Geraldine F. Hoffman and Donald Robert Hoffman.
- The following appeared on 4 September 1966 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Dan Lanphear, 4656 Apple Drive, Lewiston, will be hostess at a party today from 2 to 5 p.m. honoring her parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Hoffman, on the occasion of their 40th wedding anniversary.
Mr. and Mrs. Hoffman, former residents of Colonial Village, now make their home in Ashtabula, Ohio, where Mr. Hoffman was transferred by Union Carbide Corp. He is now retired since Jan. 1 after 34 years with the corporation.
Present at the party will be the couple's other three children, Mrs. Ronald Bement, North Tonawanda; Donald Hoffman, Parkersburg, W. Va; and John Hoffman, and six granddaughters.
Since retirement, Mr. and Mrs. Hoffman have traveled extensively through the United States with a travel trailer.
- He was interred at Niagara Falls Memorial Park Cemetery, Lewiston, Niagara County, New York.
- John J. Hoffman died in December 1981 at age 54.
- He was interred at Lewiston, New York.
- Last Edited: 24 Nov 2014