b. 3 December 1859, d. 31 July 1912
- Father: Wilhelm Gerlach b. circa December 1825
- Mother: Charlotte Weigel b. circa 1835, d. between 1862 and 1866
- Peter Gerlach was born on 3 December 1859 in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
- Wilhelm Gerlach and Charlotte Weigel appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Rhine, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Peter Gerlach.
- Wilhelm Gerlach appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Rhine, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Peter Gerlach, William Gerlach and Erenstine Gerlach.
- Wilhelm Gerlach and Wilhelmine Felitz appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Rhine, Wisconsin, living next to Anton Diefenthaler and family, and not far from George Nauth.. Other members of the household included Peter Gerlach, William Gerlach, Erenstine Gerlach and Henry Gerlach.
- He married Ida Hermina Jockmann, daughter of Karl Jockmann and Christina Lieske, on 17 May 1887 in Kiel, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin, at the Reformed Church.
- Peter Gerlach died on 31 July 1912 at age 52 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Ida Hermina Jockmann became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Kiel Cemetery, Kiel, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- The following appeared on 1 August 1912 in a local newspaper: Yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon Mr. Peter Gerlach passed away at his home, after an operation for appendicitis had been performed the previous evening. Mr. Gerlach, who worked for Kiel Woodenware, complained of pain in his lower abdomen about one o'clock on Tuesday afternoon. He went home and called Dr. Knauf. The pain continued to increase and at 6:00 PM it was necessary to perform the operation. The infection had spread throughout, and there was little hope of his recovery. The death occurred at 1:00 PM yesterday afternoon. the deceased was 53 years old and had been born in the Town of Rhine. He married about 25 years ago and since then has lived in Kiel. He leaves behind, his father, his wife and one son. The burial will take place on Saturday afternoon with Pastor Rech officiating, at the Kiel Cemetery.
- The following appeared on circa 5 September 1963 in a local newspaper: Funeral services for Mrs. Ida Gerlach Schoedel, 94, former Kiel and West Bend resident, who died Saturday at Wild Rose, Wis., were Tuesday afternoon at Meiselwitz Funeral Home, Kiel. The Rev. Vernon E. Jaberg of St. Peter United Church of Christ, Kiel, officiated and burial was in Kiel Cemetery. /P/ Mrs. Schoedel, nee Ida Hermina Jochmann, was born May 3, 1869, in Manitowoc county, daughter of the late Karl and Christina Lieske Jochmann. May 17, 1887, she was married to Peter Gerlach, who died in July, 1912. April 30, 1922 she was married to William Schoedel of Kiel, who preceded her in death July 14, 1955. /P/ Survivors are two sisters, Mrs. Bertha Keppler of Wild Rose and Mrs. Lena Krueger, of Sheboygan, a grandson and two great grandchildren. Two sons, Arvin and Melvin Gerlach, also preceded her in death.
- Last Edited: 26 Mar 2010