b. circa December 1825
- Wilhelm Gerlach was born circa December 1825 in Rheinhessen.
- Wilhelm Stephan, accompanied by Wilhelm Gerlach, Anton Diefenthäler, Valentine Diefenthäler, Valentine Jung, Jean? Jung and Anna Elisabetha Gerlach, departed on 28 April 1852 from the Port of Le Havre and arrived in the Port of New York aboard the Ship Charles Crooker on 30 May. According to the diary of Andreas Stephan, it appears that the group left Spiesheim on 31 March. "1852 (den) 31t Mertz ist mein Sohn Wilhelm Stephan nach Amerika abgereißt mit Wilhelm et Elisabetha Gerlach Andon Diefenthäler Valentin Diefenthäler Johann Jung und Valentin Jung diße waren seine Reise geselschaft, Andreas Stephan Schmitt Meister." [Thanks to Ingolf Jung for the diary entry.]
- He married Charlotte Weigel on 4 February 1859 in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
- Wilhelm Gerlach and Charlotte Weigel appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Rhine, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Peter Gerlach.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1860 census.
- Wilhelm Gerlach became a widower at the between 1862 and 1865 death of his wife Charlotte Weigel.
- He married Wilhelmine Felitz on 3 September 1865 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Wilhelm Gerlach appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Rhine, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Peter Gerlach, William Gerlach and Erenstine Gerlach.
- Wilhelm Gerlach and Wilhelmine Felitz appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Rhine, Wisconsin, living next to Anton Diefenthaler and family, and not far from George Nauth.. Other members of the household included Peter Gerlach, William Gerlach, Erenstine Gerlach and Henry Gerlach.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1880 census.
- Henry Gerlach and Anna Reinbold appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Rhine, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Wilhelm Gerlach, Elsie Gerlach, Robert Gerlach and Magdelene (?)
- Last Edited: 26 Mar 2010