b. 12 November 1891, d. 10 December 1925
- Father: George Cusick b. 14 February 1846, d. 23 September 1924
- Mother: Mary Catherine McGovern b. January 1858, d. 26 December 1923
- Leona Cusick was born on 12 November 1891 in New York.
- George Cusick and Mary Catherine McGovern appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Bronxville, Westchester County, New York, and nephew Frederick Williams, age 30.. Other members of the household included Leona Cusick, Hamon Cusick, Leo J. Cusick, Catherine Cusick and Ethel R. Cusick.
- Mary Catherine McGovern appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Bronxville, Westchester County, New York, at Front Avenue and husband/father George Cusick is enumerated in Yonkers with daughter Catherine Heidenis.. Other members of the household included Leona Cusick, Ethel R. Cusick.
- She was working in a factory, according to the 1910 census.
- She married Joseph Francis Dexheimer, son of Adolph Dexheimer and Annie Egan, in 1912 in Westchester County, New York.
- Joseph Francis Dexheimer and Leona Cusick appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Durham, Middlesex County, Connecticut, at New Haven Road. Other members of the household included Edith Mildred Dexheimer, Gladys Ellen Dexheimer and Lillian Gertrude Dexheimer.
- Joseph Francis Dexheimer became a widower at her death.
- Leona Cusick died on 10 December 1925 at age 34 according to one family researcher.
- The following appeared on 11 February 2002 in the Middlefield Town Times: Gladys Brys, 85, formerly of Birch Mill Road, Durham, wife of the late Michael Brys, died Monday, January 28, in Panama City, FL. /P/ She was born in Bronxville, NY on June 19, 1916, daughter of the late Joseph and Leona (Cusick) Dexheimer and attended the Durham Schools. /P/ Prior to her retirement, she was employed by the State of Connecticut. She was a past president of the Durham 60+ Club and a member of Durham Grange #57 and a member of the Church of the Epiphany for 40 years. /P/ She leaves a son, Myron Camozzi of Deep River; a daughter, Leona Camozzi of Middletown; a brother, Warren Heidenis of Port Charlotte, FL; seven grandchildren, four great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by a daughter, Gloria Eddy and two sisters, Edith Fisher and Lillian Cowperthwaite. /P/ Memorial donations may be sent to Durham Ambulance Corps., PO Box 207, Durham or the Church of the Epiphany, Main Street, Durham, CT 06422.
- Last Edited: 4 Feb 2010