Fred C. Hoffman
b. 3 October 1877, d. 17 August 1938
- Father: Daniel Hoffman b. 3 September 1856, d. 16 August 1920
- Mother: Emma Dietz b. 16 February 1857, d. 11 May 1947
- Fred C. Hoffman was born on 3 October 1877 in Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio.
- Daniel Hoffman and Emma Dietz appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio, at Campbell Street. Other members of the household included Fred C. Hoffman, Lewis A. Hoffman, Daniel Hoffman and Emma Henrietta Hoffman.
- He was a day laborer, according to the 1900 census.
- He married Bertha E. Smith, daughter of William Smith and Anna Steinert, on 16 March 1904 in Erie County, Ohio, by license issued the same day, with Rev. Theo. J. Stellhorn, Evangelical Lutheran Pastor, officiating.
- He was interred at Oakland Cemetery, Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio.
- Fred C. Hoffman died on 17 August 1938 at age 60 in Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio, at 1916 Campbell Street at his residence. . His death was officially witnessed by Ruth Dorothea Hoffman.
- Bertha E. Smith became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Sandusky, Ohio.
- The following appeared on 18 August 1938 in The Sandusky Star-Journal: The Rev. J. A. Braun, pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church at Venice, will officiate at funeral services for Fred C. Hoffman at the family residence, 1916 Campbell-st, Saturday at 2:30 p. M. Burial will be made in Oakland cemetery.
Mr. Hoffman, a retired painter, died at his home, at 4:45 p. m., Wednesday after an illness of several months. He was aged 60 years, ten months and 14 days.
He is survived by his widow, one daughter, Ruth, and his mother, Mrs. Emma Hoffman, all of Campbell-st.
Mr. Hoffman was a member of St. Paul's English Lutheran Church, where he had been active many years.
A sister, Mrs Emma Millar, preceded him in death about four years ago.
The body was prepared for burial at the Quick Funeral Home and returned to the residence this afternoon, where friends may call.
- Last Edited: 22 Aug 2013