Warren B. Armstrong
b. circa May 1914, d. 3 February 1976
- Father: Foster James Armstrong b. 19 December 1884
- Mother: Gertrude Millicent Cleghorn b. 25 January 1888, d. 5 February 1972
- Warren B. Armstrong was born circa May 1914 in New York.
- Foster James Armstrong and Gertrude Millicent Cleghorn appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1915 in New Hudson, Allegany County, New York, enumerated not far from Gertrude's parents.. Other members of the household included Warren B. Armstrong, Genevieve Marie Armstrong.
- Foster James Armstrong and Gertrude Millicent Cleghorn appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Ceres Township, McKean County, Pennsylvania, at Kings Run. Other members of the household included Warren B. Armstrong, Genevieve Marie Armstrong, Lawrence Allan Armstrong and Abbie M. Armstrong.
- Warren B. Armstrong appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Ceres Township, Pennsylvania, at Kings Run lodging in the household of railroad engineer P. Will Wiese.
- The following appeared on 9 February 1972 in The Patriot & Free Press: Gertrude Cleghorn Smith, 84, of 9 Pelton Court, died in Cuba Memorial Hospital Saturday, February 5, 1972, following a long illness.
Born Jan. 25, 1888 in Lewiston, she was a daughter of John. C. and Barbara Stahle Cleghorn, and had lived in Cuba 22 years. In 1931 she was married to Frank W. Smith, who survives.
Also surviving are six sons, Warren B. Armstrong, Wooster, Ohio, Laurence A. Armstrong of Canisteo, Robert Armstrong of Clermont, Pa., James Armstrong of Staunton, Va., Jay E. Armstrong of Cuba, and Joseph F. Smith of Delevan; six daughters, Mrs. Moeton Grossman of Los Angeles, Mrs. Earl Troupe of Dallas, Tex., Mrs. Joseph Lyden of Petersburg, Va., Mrs. Leslie Wakefield of Falls Church, Va., Mrs. Grover Moore of Hialeah, Fla., Mrs. William Ingalls of Cuba; a step--daughter, Mrs. Charles Wilson of Warren, Pa.
Also two sisters, Mrs. Montie Fainer of Los Angeles and Mrs. Hugh Barber of Black Creek; two brothers, Harold J. Cleghorn of Delevan and Robert B. Cleghorn of Clarksburg, [W.] Va; and 48 grandchildren and 24 great-grandchildren.
Funeral services Tuesday at the Voorhees Funeral Homer were conducted by the Rev. Alan Merrill, pastor of the Independent Congregational Church of Black Creek. Burial was in Cuba Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Cuba Memorial Hospital Inc.
- Warren B. Armstrong died on 3 February 1976 in Wooster, Wayne County, Ohio.
- Last Edited: 13 Feb 2014