Genevieve Marie Armstrong
b. 10 October 1912, d. 15 March 1928
- Father: Foster James Armstrong b. 19 December 1884
- Mother: Gertrude Millicent Cleghorn b. 25 January 1888, d. 5 February 1972
- Genevieve Marie Armstrong was born on 10 October 1912 in Grant Township, O'Brien County, Iowa.
- Foster James Armstrong and Gertrude Millicent Cleghorn appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1915 in New Hudson, Allegany County, New York, enumerated not far from Gertrude's parents.. Other members of the household included Genevieve Marie Armstrong, Warren B. Armstrong.
- Foster James Armstrong and Gertrude Millicent Cleghorn appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Ceres Township, McKean County, Pennsylvania, at Kings Run. Other members of the household included Genevieve Marie Armstrong, Warren B. Armstrong, Lawrence Allan Armstrong and Abbie M. Armstrong.
- Genevieve Marie Armstrong died on 15 March 1928 at age 15 in Allegany County, New York, near Ceres.
- She was interred at Cuba Cemetery, Cuba, Allegany County, New York.
- The following appeared on 22 March 1928 in The Patriot & Free Press: Genevieve Marie Armstrong, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Foster J. Armstrong, died at her home near Ceres on March 15, after an illness of several weeks. She was born Oct. 10, 1912, near Hartley, Ia., and came to New York at the age of 16 months. She was well known in this vicinity, having spent much of the last six years at the home of her grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. John Cleghorn of Jackson Hill. She was a brilliant student, and her standings in both Cuba high school, which she attended two years ago, and at Shinglhouse, Pa., which high school she was attending when taken ill, were far above the average. Her kind and gentle nature and patience during her many severe sicknesses won her the love of many friends, who will greatly miss her. [=:CR:] Besides her parents and grandparents she is survived by six brothers and four sisters: John F., Warren B., Lawrence A., Robert L. Albert J., Jay E., Dorothy M., Abbie, Barbara C., and Lois E. The funeral was held Saturday with interment in Cuba cemetery. Those who attended from a distance were Mrs. John Cleghorn, daughter Ida and sons, Robert and Oliver, of Cuba; Mr. and Mrs. Harold Cleghorn of Marshall; Mr. and Mrs. Wallace Cleghorn of Black Creek, Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Cleghorn of Franklinville.
- Last Edited: 13 Feb 2014