b. 7 December 1801
- Father: Heinrich Haueisen b. 4 June 1764, d. 12 September 1836
- Mother: Barbara Kalteisen b. 16 December 1764, d. 23 December 1816
- Matthaeus Haueisen was born on 7 December 1801 in Machtolsheim, Württemberg.
- He married Ursula Nusslin, daughter of Jakob Nussle and Ursula Hohrmann, on 20 September 1825 in Machtolsheim, Württemberg.
- Matthaeus Haueisen became a widower at the 21 May 1840 death of his wife Ursula Nusslin.
- By the time of Ursula's death, eight of the eleven children of Matthaeus Haueisen and Ursula Nusslin had died in Machtoslheim.
- He married Anna Erb on 22 September 1840 in Machtolsheim.
- He and Anna Erb applied in August 1852 to emigrate to North America, from Blaubeuren, Württemberg. At the time of their application, it appears that only two of their nine known children were living.
- Matthaeus Haueisen and Anna Erb arrived in the Port of New York on 30 September 1852, accompanied by Apollonia Haueisen, Philipp Jacob Haueisen, Anna Haueisen and Elise Haueisen traveling as belowdeck passengers aboard the Ship Elizabeth, burthen 585 tons, 22 days from Bremen, amongst 277 passengers.
- Research Note: Apparently Matthaus' wife Anna and their two young daughters died sometime between their 1852 arrival in the United States and the 1860 census.
- Johann Ludwig Weiler and Catherina Haueisen appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Niagara, Niagara County, New York, enumerated next to Louis' brother Balthasar.. Other members of the household included Matthaeus Haueisen, Johann Adam Weiler, Apolonia Weiler and Johann Ludwig Weiler.
- Georg Schlenk and Apollonia Haueisen, appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Warsaw, Hancock County, Illinois. Other members of the household included Matthaeus Haueisen, Matthaeus Schlenk, Christine Schlenk, Ursula Schlenk, George Schlenk, Jacob Philip Schlenk, Philipp Jacob Haueisen and Mary Schlenk. Mary Schlenk, age 15, may have a niece, or possibly an adopted daughter.
- Georg Schlenk and Apollonia Haueisen appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Walker Township, Hancock County, Illinois. Other members of the household included Matthaeus Haueisen, Ursula Schlenk, George Schlenk, Jacob Philip Schlenk, Caroline Schlenk and J. Adam Schlenk. Apparently young George is enumerated as George, age 15, and G. Louis, age 16, or possibly they may have been two different children.
- His date and place of death have not yet been found.
- Photographs of present-day Machtolsheim.
- Last Edited: 29 May 2013