b. 1838, d. 14 September 1880
- Mother: Mary (?) b. circa 1811
- Sarah Faucett was born in 1838 in Ireland.
- Sophia Craig apparently was an adopted daughter of both Thomas Craig and his wife Sarah Faucett.
- She married Thomas Craig circa 1868.
- Thomas Craig and Sarah Faucett, appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Bath, Steuben County, New York. Other members of the household included Sophia Craig.
- Thomas Craig and Sarah Faucett appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1875 in Bath, New York. Other members of the household included Sophia Craig.
- Thomas Craig and Sarah Faucett appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Bath, New York. Other members of the household included Sophia Craig and Mary (?). Also in the household was Fany Halliday (18) identified as a daughter, likely Sarah's daughter from an earlier marriage.
- Sarah Faucett died on 14 September 1880 in Bath, New York.
- Thomas Craig became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Grove Cemetery, Bath, Steuben County, New York.
- The following appeared on 15 September 1880 in The Steuben Advocate: Died, in Bath, Tuesday morning, Sept. 14th, 1880, Mrs. Sarah Craig, wife of Thomas Craig, aged 43 years. Mrs. C. was a native of Ireland, and came to America in 1860. She was married to Mr. C. in 1868. There were no children as the result of their marriage. For several years. Mrs. C. has been severely afflicted, and a great sufferer. About four years ago she had a third paralytic attack which prostrated here for fourteen weeks; she recovered, and since then has had five more--in all eight strokes of paralysis. We are told by her physician, that a similar case is not recorded in medical jurisprudence. Mrs. C. was a woman of strong physical powers, and her ability to live notwithstanding the repeated shocks her system was compelled to forego, is remarkable. Her funeral will be attended from the family residence on Thursday at 3 p. m.
- The following appeared on 12 September 1914 in The Plaindealer: Thomas Craig died at his home, on East William street, Wednesday afternoon, following a few hours illness, from acute indigestion. Mr. Craig was born in Ballymote, County of Sligo, Ireland, 74 years ago. He came to this village when a young man and has plied his trade, a shoemaker, ever since. He was twice married, first to Sarah Faucett, and his second was Mrs. Maria Sutherland. He is survived by an adopted daughter, Mrs. Harry Hyer of Buffalo, and a sister, Miss Elizabeth Craig of this village. Mr. Craig was an old member of the local Masonic lodge and his funeral will be held under their auspicies at St. Thomas' church tomorrow afternoon at 2:30.
- Last Edited: 20 Aug 2015