Samuel K. Ade
b. January 1886
- Samuel K. Ade was born in January 1886 in Illinois.
- Konrad Fink appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 907 Niagara Avenue. Other members of the household included Samuel K. Ade, Margarete Walter, Marie Ruth Fink and Dora Fink.
- Charles Heywang and Maria Elisabeth Fink appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 2402 Ontario Avenue and boarding in the household. Mrs. Fredrick Berger, age 66, a widow.. Other members of the household included Samuel K. Ade, Carl F. Heywang, Margaret Heywang and Louise M. Heywang.
- He was a general repairman in a factory, according to the 1910 census.
- He married Gertrude Howe, daughter of Elwood Howe, on 19 August 1913 in Sanborn, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 22 May 1916 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: The funeral services of Konrad Fink were held this afternoon at 2 o'clock from the family home at No. 915 Niagara avenue and at 2:30 o'clock from the Zion Lutheran Church, the Rev. Herman Brezing officiating. Interment was made in Oakwood cemetery. The bearers were seven grandsons of the deceased: Samuel Ade, Walter Fink, Walter Haeberle, George Fink, Fred Fink, Carl Heywang and George Haeberle.
Despite the bad weather a large number of the friends of Mr. Fink and the family attended the funeral at the church to pay their last respects. A large representation from Niagara Falls Lodge No. 81 I. O. O. F. and the Board of Directors of the People's Bank were present and the large number of floral tributes attested the esteem in which Mr. Fink was held.
The Board of Directors of the People's Bank met in their office on Saturday night and drew up the following resolution on the death of their fellow director:
"At a special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Peoples Bank of Niagara Falls held this day, the members of the board with profound sorrow place on record the death of Mr. Konrad Fink, their late associate and beloved friend.
"In the death of Konrad Fink, there is removed from life the last member of the original Board of Directors of this institutiion. For thirty years Mr. Fink served the interests of htis bank with perfect loyalty and just estimate of his responsibilities; punctual in attendance at meetings of the directorate, his amiable disposition and lovable qualities assured him of the esteem and affection of his associates who feel a deep sense of loss in his death.
"Our friend will be greatly missed from the councils of this board, and as a tribute to his memory and appreciation of long and valued service it is ordered that this minute be entered on the record of our proceedings, and a copy thereof forwarded to the bereaved family."
- The following appeared on 23 August 1928 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: (Sanborn) Mr. and Mrs. Elwood Howe and son, Arthur, attended the fifteenth wedding anniversary of the former's sister, Mrs. Samuel Ade and husband at Niagara Falls on Monday evening, which was given as a surprise by 37 of their friends on Goat Island. A most delicious picnic supper was spread on the tables at which William Bryan was toastmaster. The honor guest received a number of beautiful crystal gifts. Samuel K. Ade and Miss Gertrude Howe were married at the Howe family home in Sanborn on August 19, 1913. Niagara Falls Gazette, 23 August 1928, page 22. Niagara Falls NY Gazette 1928-Jul-Aug- 1025-1. FultonHistory image accessed online, July 2012.
- Last Edited: 10 Jul 2012