Louise M. Heywang
b. circa 1905
- Father: Charles Heywang b. 11 February 1870, d. 22 November 1926
- Mother: Maria Elisabeth Fink b. 30 March 1873, d. 30 July 1951
- Louise M. Heywang was born circa 1905 in New York.
- Charles Heywang and Maria Elisabeth Fink appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 2402 Ontario Avenue and boarding in the household. Mrs. Fredrick Berger, age 66, a widow.. Other members of the household included Louise M. Heywang, Carl F. Heywang, Margaret Heywang and Samuel K. Ade.
- The following appeared on 23 November 1926 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Charles Heywang, 56 years old, died unexpectedly of heart disease at 8:30 o'clock last night at his home, 2402 Ontario avenue. He had been ailing for more than a month but his illness was not considered dangerous. He was motoring with his son Carl when stricken. His unexpected death is a severe shock to his family and has caused sorrow among his wide circle of friends throughout the city.
Mr. Heywang was a lifelong resident of this city and for several years was a trusted and popular employe of the Niagara Falls Power company. He was a member of the Woodmen of the World, Niagara Falls Lodge No. 81, I. O. O. F., and the 42d Separate company Veterans' association. He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Elizabeth Heywang; a son, Carl F. Heywang, two daughters, Mrs. Ennis Oliphant and Miss Louise Heywang, all of this city; and a brother, Fred, and a sister, Anna, both of New York.
Funeral services will be held at the home at 3 o'clock, Thursday afternoon, the Rev. Herman Brezing, Zion Lutheran church, officiating. Burial will be in Oakwood cemetery.
- She married Aubrey Kirby circa 1928.
- The following appeared on 30 July 1951 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Elizabeth M. Heywang, 78, died early today at Memorial hospital after a short illness.
Mrs. Heywang was formerly a longtime resident at 2402 Ontario avenue. She moved to Dickerson road, Ransomville, a year ago.
Funeral services for Mrs. Heywang will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Gridley Funeral home. The Rev. Arthur H. Schmoyer, D.D., pastor of Zion Evangelical church, will conduct the services.
Born in this city, Mrs. Heywang was the daughter of the late Conrad and Margaret Walters Fink, members of early Niagara Falls families. She was a member of the Zion Evangelical Lutheran church and a charter member of the Martha society of that church.
Surviving are two daughters, Mrs. Margaret Oliphant, Ransomville, and Mrs. Louise M. Kirby, Lewiston; a son, Carl F. Heywang; two sisters, Mrs. George Haeberle and Miss Dora Fink; nine grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
Burial will be in Oakwood cemetery.
- Last Edited: 9 Jul 2012