b. 17 March 1852, d. 28 January 1923
- Father: Johann Christian Borth b. 10 February 1810
- Mother: Susanna Kathrina Vogt b. 5 September 1812
- Wilhelm Borth was born on 17 March 1852 in Germany.
- He was known as William.
- Johann Christian Borth and Susanna Kathrina Vogt appeared in the 14 January 1861 provincial census of "Canada" in Woolwich, Waterloo, Canada West (later Ontario), Canada, enumerated with the surname "Bert.". Other members of the household included Wilhelm Borth, Frederick Christian Borth, Christian Jacob Borth, John Martin Borth, John Gottfried Borth, Regina Elizabeth Borth and Maria Borth.
- Wilhelm Borth appeared in the 2 April 1871 first national census of Canada in Woolwich, Waterloo North, Ontario, Canada, working as a servant.
- He married Saloma Gross, daughter of John Gross and Saloma Asch, on 29 April 1873 in Woolwich, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, with William Brandt officiating.
- Wilhelm Borth appeared in the 4 April 1881 census of Canada in Woolwich, Ontario, Canada. Other members of the household included Saloma Gross, John William Borth, Katharina Borth and Elisabeth Borth.
- He was a farm labourer, according to the 1881 census. in April 1881.
- The following appeared in the Buffalo Courier: [Died] March 13, at his residence, No. 213 Grape street, Frederick Christian Borth, husband of Margaret A. Borth (nee Kammerer), aged 80 years, 11 days; father of Mrs. Ludwig Boehner, Frederick J., Mrs. Charles D. Gaise, Mrs. Frederick L. Chalcraft, George W., Mrs. Christian Hoffman, Mrs. Fred Knaisch and Robert E. Borth, brother of Mrs. John Knoller and William Borth. Funeral from his late residence, Sunday afternoon at 2 o'clock, and from Concordia Evangelical Lutheran church on Northampton street, at 2:30 o'clock. Friends and acquaintances are invited to attend. Deceased was a member of St. John's Men's Society and Wurtemberger Schwabia Unterstutzungs Verein No. 1.
- Wilhelm Borth died on 28 January 1923 at age 70 in Mildmay, Bruce, Ontario, Canada, . His death was officially witnessed by John William Borth.
- Saloma Gross became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at St. Matthews Lutheran Cemetery, Mildmay, Bruce, Ontario, Canada.
- Research Note: Some evidence suggests that the Borth family resided, for some period prior to emigration, in Fürfeld, Württemberg.
- Last Edited: 31 Oct 2013