Christian Jacob Borth
b. 13 February 1843, d. 8 December 1910
- Father: Johann Christian Borth b. 10 February 1810
- Mother: Susanna Kathrina Vogt b. 5 September 1812
- Christian Jacob Borth was born on 13 February 1843 in Germany.
- Johann Christian Borth and Susanna Kathrina Vogt appeared in the 14 January 1861 provincial census of "Canada" in Woolwich, Waterloo, Canada West (later Ontario), Canada, enumerated with the surname "Bert.". Other members of the household included Christian Jacob Borth, Frederick Christian Borth, John Martin Borth, John Gottfried Borth, Wilhelm Borth, Regina Elizabeth Borth and Maria Borth.
- Christian Jacob Borth was living in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, at the time of his marriage.
- He married Anna Schmidt, daughter of John Schmidt and Anna Loos?, on 29 December 1867 in Perth, Ontario, Canada.
- Christian Jacob Borth appeared in the 2 April 1871 first national census of Canada in Woolwich, Waterloo North, Ontario, Canada, age 28, employed as a cooper. It is an educated guess that this Christian Brenchle, found in the 1871 index of heads of households, is actually Christian Borth, based on his age, birthplace, and proximity to Borth relatives.
- Christian Borth appears on the list of voters for the Township of McKillop, 1875, First Division.
- He and Anna Schmidt appeared in the 6 April 1891 census of Canada in Logan, Perth, Ontario, Canada. Other members of the household included William Borth, John Borth, Annie Borth, Charles Borth, Christian Borth and Henry Borth.
- He and Anna Schmidt appeared in the 31 March 1901 census of Canada in Mitchell, Perth South, Ontario, Canada. Other members of the household included William Borth.
- He was a laborer, according to the 1901 census.
- Christian Jacob Borth died on 8 December 1910 at age 67 in Mitchell, Perth, Ontario, Canada, . His death was officially witnessed by Henry Borth.
- Anna Schmidt became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Grace Lutheran Cemetery, Mitchell, Perth County, Ontario, Canada.
- Research Note: Some evidence suggests that the Borth family resided, for some period prior to emigration, in Fürfeld, Württemberg.
- Last Edited: 31 Oct 2013