Clark Brevard McCune
b. 31 January 1908, d. 6 April 1962
- Father: Howard Efford McCune b. 24 September 1880, d. 22 March 1969
- Mother: Carrie Brevard Wood b. 17 May 1890, d. 26 October 1976
- Clark Brevard McCune was born on 31 January 1908 in Grimes County, Texas, four miles northwest of Richards.
- Howard Efford McCune and Carrie Brevard Wood appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Grimes County, Texas, living next to George and Fannie Wood, Carrie's brother and Howard's sister.. Other members of the household included Clark Brevard McCune.
- Students and teachers were photographed in front of Richards School in 1919. A bond for enlarging the school building was voted on 1 June 1918, and the photo likely celebrated its completion.
- Howard Efford McCune and Carrie Brevard Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Clark Brevard McCune, Robert Efford McCune, George Marvin McCune and Rush Brevard Wood.
- He married Marybelle Lou Wells, daughter of John Sam Wells and Martha Rosetta Plunk, and Marybelle's brother Perry married Clark's 2nd cousin Mary Hazel Ward.
- He witnessed the marriage of Perry Sam Wells and Mary Hazel Ward on 12 October 1935; and Perry's sister Marybelle married Mary Hazel's 2nd cousin Clark Brevard McCune.
- He officially witnessed the death of Marybelle Lou Wells on 29 April 1939 in Singleton, Grimes County, Texas.
- Clark Brevard McCune became a widower at the 29 April 1939 death of his wife Marybelle Lou Wells.
- Howard Efford McCune and Carrie Brevard Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Clark Brevard McCune, George Marvin McCune.
- He was employed as an oil pump station engineer, according to the 1940 census.
- He married Louise Adams.
- He enlisted as a private in the US Army on 8 April 1943, in Houston, Harris County, Texas. At the time of his enlistment he was married and living in Grimes County. He served from 15 April 1943 to 17 November 1944, and was discharged as a sergeant, 146th Base Unit, US Army Air Force.
- The following appeared on 7 December 1959 in The Baytown Sun: Clark B. McCune is the new doreman at the Baytown terminal of service Pipe Line Co. He was transferred from Auburn, Mo. Also transferred to Baytown was Eugene B. McLemore of Houston.
- At the time of his death Clark Brevard McCune was living in Baytown, Harris County, Texas, at 514 Lloyd Lane.
- Clark Brevard McCune died on 6 April 1962 at age 54 in Baytown, Harris County, Texas, at Gulf Coast Hospital . His death was officially witnessed by Louise Adams.
- The following appeared on 6 April 1962 in The Baytown Sun: Clark B. McCune, 53, of 514 Lloyd Lane, a two-year Baytown resident, died Friday morning in a Baytown hospital.
A veteran of World War II as a member of the U. S. Air Force, McCune was a station foreman for the Service Pipe Line Co.
Funeral arrangements will be announced by Earthman Funeral Home.
McCune is survived by his widow, Mrs. Louise McCune; one daughter, Miss Joyce Ann McCune; one son, Michael B. McCune, all of Baytown; his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Howard McCune of Richards, Texas; two brothers, Robert E. McCune of Pasadena and Morgan McCune of Snyder.
- His wife Louise Adams became a widow at his death.
- He was buried at Baptist Cemetery in Bedias, Grimes County, Texas. His military headstone was ordered on 16 January 1963 by his wife Louise, 514 Lloyd Lane, Baytown.
- Last Edited: 26 Jan 2017
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of TEAGUE Joshua, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine